Black Powder Sale Questions
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum >

Black Powder Sale Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Black Powder Sale Questions

Hey All,

I'm new to California, moved from San Antonio, TX a few years ago.

I have a question or two about selling in CA. I have a black powder Cap/Ball Ruger I'm considering selling.

First, is there any market in CA for a piece like this? Where's the best place to sell it? Also, in CA does selling a Black Powder pistol require the services of a gun shop or the like to do a transfer?

Thanks in advance, take care!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1733 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 3667

Dibbs.
I don't know a thing about Cali law, but expect it is the same concerning bp guns.
Those are bringing good money now that Ruger quit making them.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1733 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 3667

What move from Texas to Kalifornia??

Old 05-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Better hold on to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_22 View Post
Hey All,

I'm new to California, moved from San Antonio, TX a few years ago.

I have a question or two about selling in CA. I have a black powder Cap/Ball Ruger I'm considering selling.

First, is there any market in CA for a piece like this? Where's the best place to sell it? Also, in CA does selling a Black Powder pistol require the services of a gun shop or the like to do a transfer?

Thanks in advance, take care!
Re-consider selling it. The way things are going in this state, that and muzzle loaders may be the only type of gun we'll be able to own. On second thought go ahead and sell. You're not gonna be able to buy or own any powder or lead here soon anyhoo if the Pelosi's and Boxer's get their wishes come true .

Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #5

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Pics please...2nd dibbs..lol