Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > California Gun Forum > ANY Central Valley Shooters Here (besides me that is)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default ANY Central Valley Shooters Here (besides me that is)

Any other shooters here that reside in the Central Valley? Reason I ask, need shooting buddies. Figured here was a good place to find some.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I used to be in Amador County, but I'm in Oregon now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Modesto here my friend

Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Modesto here also friend.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm down here in Fresno. I get up to Merced every so often for work. One day we should put together a FTF member day at a range.

Jesse James

Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #6

For sure. I'm game.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

What do you shoot bud? Where do you go to shoot? I go to barn wood once in awhile and Manteca Sportsmans club here and there. Used to go alot until my ammo stash got scary. And my other stuff I have I have to go to the mountains to shoot... Our stupid state frowns on us for having anything fun

Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I usually shoot at The Range of Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club. I too am scary low on ammo reserves so I haven't been lately. At times I go to the old Sheriffs range by Bass Lake but not often. It can get crowded up there so o don't go that often.

Jesse James

Old 02-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #9

I was just at barn wood a few days ago picking up my Remington 870 express. My ammo is getting scary also. Scary to think we might not even get ammo if things continue the way they r going. I go to salida to shoot at the rifle range there and to the fishermen a club on highway 132 every once in a while. Most the time I go to my wife's uncles place and shoot on his land.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I'm all for an ftf members day at the range trip. I was used to shooting at least twice a month. That was my escape from reality. No need for drugs or alcohol. Rounds down range and tight groups on target did the trick... Now I'm going through withdrawals. I'm down to 400 rounds of 40cal, 250 of 22lr, around 250 of 12 gauge and maybe 100 of 7.62. I always had over 1000 rounds of every caliber, 3000 of 22lr until the hoarders started making us real shooters lives miserable. I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. I hear dicks still sells ammo and prices aren't bad and they actually have a lot in stock but haven't been down there. And I didn't know there was a range in salida. I've been looking for a long gun range close to modesto for awhile without luck. Is the range in salida long gun friendly? Is it a typical 1 round per second rate of fire? Anyway I'm all for a get together. And if you guys have any off road only toys I'm definitely interested in a road trip. I have a lot of shooting buddies with such toys that must be used off road and we're always looking for more friends to go out and do what we love.