Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Arkansas Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Jarhead in Jonesboro (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f115/jarhead-jonesboro-64857/)

imajarhed 05-20-2012 09:11 PM

Jarhead in Jonesboro

Just found the forum and thought I would drop in on y'all.

A little about myself...

I'm a disabled Marine w/ GWI. During my stay in the Corps, I participated in Operation Desert Shield/Storm. I was an [0351] anti-tank assualtman (primary) / [8531] marksmanship instructor (secondary) but my main function was weapons custodian in the armory.

After 9/11, I went to work in Nuclear Security and an opportunity arose for me to find myself as a member of a Special Operations Team traveling to nuclear power generating facilities around the country helping them develop their defensive strategy and identify weaknesses in their infrastructure.

I intend to acquire my FFL and am considering milling 80% lowers and assembling (manufacturing) AR's with my vast quantity of time to squander. Hopefully I will be able to sell enough to fund my hobby if all goes well so I can enhance my personal collection.

Clear front sight tip on center mass when the trigger is "squozed" usually gets good results with the right DOPE.

imajarhed

texaswoodworker 05-20-2012 09:29 PM

Welcome to FTF, and thank you for your service, and sacrifices. They are truly appreciated here.

As for the FFL, there are many people here that can help you. We have a lot of FFL holders, experts, and gunsmiths that would not hesitate to help you.

rifleman1 05-20-2012 09:32 PM

welcome to the forum

winds-of-change 05-20-2012 09:40 PM

WELCOME!!

Marines are always welcomed here. And the same for any other member of the service.

tri70 05-21-2012 05:18 PM

Welcome! Good to others from around the state!

XxChino13xX 05-21-2012 06:31 PM

Welcome to the forum brother, Semper Fi

kytowboater 05-21-2012 07:16 PM

Welcome to FTF, thank you for your service.

kryptar19 05-21-2012 08:33 PM

Welcome, I'm moving to Jonesboro in a month. Maybe we can go to the range some time.

Linuxuser3690 is also a resident on Jonesboro. The two of us go to the range at Paragould and shoot. Time to make plans lol

krzywolf 05-27-2012 04:58 AM

Welcome to the forum Jarhead In Jonesboro,I am also from Jonesboro, Are u originally from here? and kryptar19 glad to hear u will be moving here in a month and good luck to u, And maybe we all can get together and hit the range sometime.

linuxuser3890 05-27-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krzywolf
Welcome to the forum Jarhead In Jonesboro,I am also from Jonesboro, Are u originally from here? and kryptar19 glad to hear u will be moving here in a month and good luck to u, And maybe we all can get together and hit the range sometime.

Me and krypt went to the range today. I wish I had known because you could have come along.