Here's From Conway... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arkansas Gun Forum > Here's From Conway...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 27

Are you Retired .Mil? They give card holding Mil a discount - AD or Retired. Same to Active Guard and Reserves. I've been a member there since they opened, it's a great place, but if you're not AD or Retired, do you have an I.D.? Pretty sure not unless you have a VA I.D. Card. That means no way to prove you're a Vet.

The cost at Shoothouse is $15 for ALL DAY shooting, in case you didn't know. It's $10 for AD/Retired Mil and LEO. I've taken a few if their classes and highly recommend them. Linky: http://www.shoothouseusa.com/

BTW, a new range opened the end if September in Sherwood.
It's called Arkansas Armory and they rent firearms. Linky: http://www.arkansasarmory.com/

Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #12

I'm neither retired or active duty, but I do have a VA card since I am a disabled vet. See I dislocated both my knees and had 4 knee surgeries while I was in, so they would not let me reenlist at my 4 year mark. However, when I asked about it, I was told no I couldn't get the military discount.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTexanBoy
I'm neither retired or active duty, but I do have a VA card since I am a disabled vet. See I dislocated both my knees and had 4 knee surgeries while I was in, so they would not let me reenlist at my 4 year mark. However, when I asked about it, I was told no I couldn't get the military discount.
Oh and it's $3 out at AGFC range for ALL DAY as well.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #14

Right, the $3 price for the Mayflower Range was already mentioned, so I didn't bother repeating it. They also give you two targets included w/that price, as well as Pro-Gear. While Jerry and the crew are pretty easy to get along with - for me, at lest - the range limitations are something of which I'm not real fond. No loaded magazines are just in the firearm or the case in which it's stored, as you can have loaded magazines in a separate bag and they don't make a fuss. You also can't shoot at sillhouette targets - no human or critters are allowed. I also don't like not being able to take a shot faster than one per second as there are some shooting drills I like which are banned there. I take students to the Mayflower Range to qualify when the weathers nice and that's the preference of the students, but I otherwise take them to Shoothouse for the more ideal, controlled conditions.

Sorry to hear that they're not giving a discount to you. I know the stated discount that they've had since their grand opening is as I mentioned previously - AD/Retired Mil and LEO/Retired LEO. Have you talked directly to Tom about maybe changing that? It might have to do with the thinking that not every VA Card Carrier is necessarily an honorable discharge - I have an uncle who was US Army and given a BCD due to drugs, yet has a VA Card.

Regardless, to each their own. I like Mayflower just fine, but like that I can do more at Shoothouse, particularly when there's incliment weather and/or just too danged hot or cold to shoot outdoors.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #15

But like I said in my original post, Shoothouse has real nice facilities, real clean, great friendly owner. I just choose not to use them, because my VA card is not accepted as military, so I choose not to shoot there is all. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks
Right, the $3 price for the Mayflower Range was already mentioned, so I didn't bother repeating it. They also give you two targets included w/that price, as well as Pro-Gear. While Jerry and the crew are pretty easy to get along with - for me, at lest - the range limitations are something of which I'm not real fond. No loaded magazines are just in the firearm or the case in which it's stored, as you can have loaded magazines in a separate bag and they don't make a fuss. You also can't shoot at sillhouette targets - no human or critters are allowed. I also don't like not being able to take a shot faster than one per second as there are some shooting drills I like which are banned there. I take students to the Mayflower Range to qualify when the weathers nice and that's the preference of the students, but I otherwise take them to Shoothouse for the more ideal, controlled conditions.

Sorry to hear that they're not giving a discount to you. I know the stated discount that they've had since their grand opening is as I mentioned previously - AD/Retired Mil and LEO/Retired LEO. Have you talked directly to Tom about maybe changing that? It might have to do with the thinking that not every VA Card Carrier is necessarily an honorable discharge - I have an uncle who was US Army and given a BCD due to drugs, yet has a VA Card.

Regardless, to each their own. I like Mayflower just fine, but like that I can do more at Shoothouse, particularly when there's incliment weather and/or just too danged hot or cold to shoot outdoors.
Yeah, I do use them if the weather is just horrible, but if its that bad then I'm normally not out and about anyway since I have to get around with a cane. I haven't spoken with

Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks

I haven't spoken with Tom about it, I just assumed that's what he wanted for his business so I don't like to question a persons business choices but maybe I should.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTexanBoy View Post
But like I said in my original post, Shoothouse has real nice facilities, real clean, great friendly owner. I just choose not to use them, because my VA card is not accepted as military, so I choose not to shoot there is all. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
That's your choice and no feathers ruffled here.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #19

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Welcome to Conway! We live about 15-20 minutes from the range just off Pickles Gap Rd. It's not bad for sighting in scopes and such but pretty limited in other ways. There are also free ranges down by Brady Mountain that you can shoot any type of target you want!