Gator season in Arkansas - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arkansas Gun Forum > Gator season in Arkansas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I ate some gator on a stick, it was a little chewy kinda like a pork chop. I would not know how to skin one.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #12

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1914

Chewy like pork, taste like chicken!!

Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #13

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x
I know where 3 are right now lol there all over down south guys getting where i wont swim in the river anymore!!!!
Im glad i wish they would just open it for everybody.

Ive heard you can use a big chicken quater and a big hook tie it just above the water
as for killing one head shots a must!! I know there is a spot just behind there head a 22 would work but lol
bang sticks, 45, 223, I think would work great but ive never tryed to hunt the things..
Whoever hunts gators is a little bored and a lot crazy if you ask me!! I would want a 44 mag to even walk in gator land-
Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #14

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
We will have season for Gators now. Here in north part of the state I have seen any and probably won't. Anyone here see any in Arkansas?
I have been around the forum for a bit...but never stopped by this chat room...hello all!

Gators...I know a guy from Jboro...used to live there who drew a tag a few years ago. He and I fished White River down by Clarendon and beyond and the Arkansas River by Pendleton Bridge. Some gators on lower white but I never did see any. Lots of gators on the Pendleton pool of the Arkansas River as I have seen and taken pictures.

Lots of gators on Millwood lake too. I once heard there were gators on Big Lake up by Blythesville, but don't know the truth of it. I never saw any or any evidence of gators on the St Francis river either...too far north I think.
pic2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #15

Glad you found us Mouser! Cool picture! What type of game do you see in your neck of the woods? Any bears?

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #16

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70 View Post
Glad you found us Mouser! Cool picture! What type of game do you see in your neck of the woods? Any bears?
I have not seen any Bears or sign where I live, but having camped on some of the islands on Lake Ouachita, there has to be Bears in that area...it just feels like bears have to live in that wilderness. I have plenty of Deer, Turkey's and Coyotes around though...keep a feeder going in the back yard and enjoy the deer year around.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #17

We have deer, coyotes, turkey, bears are south of us around Ft Smith. A buddy said his wife was confronted by a big cat, they are sure it was a mt lion. She shot a pistol over the cat and it ran off.
I killed a big hog early this year, seen a lot of sign too.