good place/areas to consider moving to?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arizona Gun Forum > good place/areas to consider moving to?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default good place/areas to consider moving to?

i might be moving to utah or arizona.
if i move to arizona it would be somewhat near utah. what areas should i look for houses in? basically im looking for some place where i can shoot in my yard (probably a 10/22 or mosin.) and possibly a pool to . any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #2

also i was doing research about open carry laws and can someone at age 14 open carry? unloaded?loaded?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Here you go made it easy for you......Title 13, 3111 of the Arizona Revised Code.....

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03111.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

Best Regards......Eagle Six

Last edited by EagleSix; 05-24-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #4

sucks that i cant...i heard you can in oregon so jw thanks for the reply.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
sucks that i cant...i heard you can in oregon so jw thanks for the reply.
This is confusing, what sucks that you can't, and who is "jw"?

Old 05-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #6

Jw is just wondering.
I mean it sucks im not aallowed to open carry(im 14) im looking for areas for my parents to consider moving to. They said it would speed up the process if i help look.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #7

If your parents get property large enough to shoot a Mosin, that's probably going to be a lot of acres, out in the country so the noise doesn't bother the neighbors. Where else other than your property do you intend to open carry?

Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #8

while im walking places, just depends where. after living in chicago and my friends dad and a few other people were stabbed not to far from my house i just like to protect myself when im out.i dont live in the neighborhood anymore but it made me realize stuff happens. However i do know it takes ALOT of self control.only use your firearm against another human if your life is in danger.how many acres do you think would be needed to shoot a mosin or .22lr and where are some country areas i should look into?

Last edited by beastmode986; 05-24-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #9

The exact amount of land needed depends on the shape of the land property boundries as well as the distance you want to shoot your rifles. 40 acres would be enough to shoot 300 yards, maybe further, again depending on if the property was laid out more rectangle than square. You need something to safely trap the bullets and also should be concerned with a possible wild bullet going off to the left or right, as well as ricochets from impacts anywhere from the shooting position to the target, and the down range berm itself.

Most outdoor ranges use a pile of dirt to construct down range and side range berms. Many folks go out into the country side on public land and place their targets up against a hill. The hill is used to safely stop the bullets. Depending on the hill and angle this may be safe, it may not. Some land owners just happen to have a hill or two on their property and they use it as a down range berm (back stop) and save on getting a bulldozer to excavate the berms.

More important than the actual size of the property to fit the range, is the use of adjacent properties. How close are the farm or residences. Will the noise bother them.....will the thought of ricochets bother them?

There are many areas in Arizona which have open lands for sale, you could possibly shoot on. And, every major city/metro area is surrounded by these country acres. Question may be......do you want to live out in the country or close to city convenience? I'm not asking that question for you to answer in this thread, just something to think about.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #10

ok thanks alot, yeah i was cosidering the noise levels but forgot about ricochets and a backstop but yes i would definently ask neighbors around me if there cool with it....

i thought i would get in trouble with police shooting on public land?would less than 40 acres be ideal for a 22lr?