Favorite compact .9mm pistol - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arizona Gun Forum > Favorite compact .9mm pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3194 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewalker1911
I love my Ruger SR9c...first gun like a first love haha. She's not QUITE as compact as I'd like, but it'll fit in most average size purses, which is how I carry.

I'd like to get a Ruger LC9 or a Springfield XD SC9. I tried that one today and loved the feel of it, everything about it.

But I'm broke as hell right now, so that's in the FAR future, haha.

Mahalo,
Laura
Laura you will Love the LC9!! I have mine since last Fall, and didn't shoot it much after the first 100 through it Until Jan. when the new Indoor range opened by me,..now I put 70-100 rds. through it every time DW & I go to the Range(72 more Yesterday!) I have 5 Mags...3 with Finger ext. and 2 flush..I'm waiting for the new 9 Rounders to become widely available! I called Prescott and CS said they are 6 months behind on order but i placed my name on the call list while ordering 3 new SR9(17 rd.) and 1 more std.LC9 mag...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
NSDQ

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2866 Times on 1665 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

Right now I'm conflicted, I carry my I.O. Hellcat II .380, 70 - 80% of the time. When it's convenient, I'll carry my LC9 the other 20-30%. At the range and just in general, I like my SR9c the most, but I haven't made the time to investigate good CC holsters for the SR9c yet.

The LC9 is more concealable and lighter, but snappier, the SR9c is more controllable and has more capacity, but is not as concealable. For the price of one Sig 226, it's nice to have both!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
Right now I'm conflicted, I carry my I.O. Hellcat II .380, 70 - 80% of the time. When it's convenient, I'll carry my LC9 the other 20-30%. At the range and just in general, I like my SR9c the most, but I haven't made the time to investigate good CC holsters for the SR9c yet.

The LC9 is more concealable and lighter, but snappier, the SR9c is more controllable and has more capacity, but is not as concealable. For the price of one Sig 226, it's nice to have both!
EMD-I hear you. When you go look for Holsters,..try the DeSantis Insider, I have two, one for my 12 shot Smith 569(now called the 5609) and one for the LC,..but they make it for the SR9c as well...the other one I have that I Like and use (aside from Drop-legs and shoulder rigs) is the Uncle Mike's sidekick. Mine is for full size 4"-6" autos(commander & Gov't. 1911's & Beretta/Taurus .9's,..but i'm sure they make one for the 9c...My SR9 fits into mine very nicely..but it's even bigger then my commander, and I'm in too much Physical pain to shoot .45's or my Magnum Wheel guns anymore....
I'm hoping to do some review articles here on the site(never wrote about Guns but been writing about Apple Tech., Cruise Travel & Football for a long time!) so I'll do a Compact Holster Article early on....since i have lots of leather and nylon/kydex..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #14

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

XDMc two-tone...is now my only 9mm. It's a great pistol.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #15

My wife used to carry the LC9 daily, but about two years ago she switched to the Walther PPS in 9mm. She prefers the trigger of the Walther way more.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2866 Times on 1665 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

Thanks for the input DocGridiron, I will definately check out the Insider. I already have a sidekick for my S&W Mod. 19. BTW, if you write an article for FirearmsTalk.com and they publish it, if I remember correctly, they will give you a "Supporting Membership", check with notdku on that though.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
XDMc two-tone...is now my only 9mm. It's a great pistol.
I hear great things about the Springfield's (Handguns). As I said on another post, my only experience with them is my 2 M1's(civ. legal M14's) and M1a1s & an M1E2.
I have handled but not shot their 1911(my Friend's) the XDm, the EMP(which I'd love to get myself, but just advised a pal of mine to get one) and the Kimber Solo in different stores, all are nice compacts and solid alternatives to the Smith or Ruger alternatives.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #18

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I hear great things about the Springfield's (Handguns). As I said on another post, my only experience with them is my 2 M1's(civ. legal M14's) and M1a1s & an M1E2.
I have handled but not shot their 1911(my Friend's) the XDm, the EMP(which I'd love to get myself, but just advised a pal of mine to get one) and the Kimber Solo in different stores, all are nice compacts and solid alternatives to the Smith or Ruger alternatives.
....and a correction. It's not my only 9mm, I have a Browning Hi-Power...how could I forget??

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Sig Sauer P938. Pocket pistol size and Sig reliability. What's not to love?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
Sig Sauer P938. Pocket pistol size and Sig reliability. What's not to love?
Just the price! That being said I'd love to own anything they produce!