Favorite compact .9mm pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arizona Gun Forum > Favorite compact .9mm pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3168 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default Favorite compact .9mm pistol

Everyone has a feeling on this, what's yours? I have been partial to the old S&Ws(39/439), and of late the Ruger LC9 has filled that role for me, Despite some minor issues. I also have an
M-9, and the Ruger SR9, aside from my Colts. The Smallest of my Colts(a Combat Commander) is still to heavy for concealed carry

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Compact 9 that I currently carry: Kahr PM9

Compact 9 that I really would like to get: Springfield EMP

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
CHLChris Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I really like my Bersa Thunder9 UCP, but it isn't a tee-tiny pocket pistol.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

I love my Ruger SR9c...first gun like a first love haha. She's not QUITE as compact as I'd like, but it'll fit in most average size purses, which is how I carry.

I'd like to get a Ruger LC9 or a Springfield XD SC9. I tried that one today and loved the feel of it, everything about it.

But I'm broke as hell right now, so that's in the FAR future, haha.

Mahalo,
Laura

Old 04-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I love my SIG P229r very much. Great overall pistol. Although I also enjoy shooting my Beretta Nano as well and I have been shooting it more now than the SIG, mostly to break it in. But i really enjoy shooting the Nano, which is something i didn't expect.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 04-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

No complaints with my CZ 75 compact...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #7
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

CZ 2075 RAMI BD, and extended mag to 14 and it's still compact.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
Compact 9 that I currently carry: Kahr PM9

Compact 9 that I really would like to get: Springfield EMP
I hear great things about the EMP in both .9 & .40! My only "Springfields" are Long Guns (an M1A/s & an M1E2)
But based on what I heard from a Local PD pal of mine who carries one Off-duty, I advised a very old Friend(Ret. NYPD det. now doing Courier/P.I. work for a Diamond broker) to consider either the EMP or the Beretta Nano. He had shot both my Beretta's(a 92SB/F & the 92 SBC which was another Gun I had to part with 25+ yrs ago during my divorce and he loves it! Personally I'm looking for a Back up to the backup/CC piece,..and I'm considering the New Beretta PICO because it comes with both .380 & .32ACP barrels & slides! We have no .380's(another gun i had to sell long ago,..my .380 PPK/s but Loads of .32ACP since i was planning on Getting the Stainless PP in .32 & DW has a .32ACP derringer...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
No complaints with my CZ 75 compact...
What about getting xtra Mags? I hear they are in short supply....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
NSDQ

Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

I hear great things about the EMP in both .9 & .40! My only "Springfields" are Long Guns (an M1A/s & an M1E2)
But based on what I heard from a Local PD pal of mine who carries one Off-duty, I advised a very old Friend(Ret. NYPD det. now doing Courier/P.I. work for a Diamond broker) to consider either the EMP or the Beretta Nano. He had shot both my Beretta's(a 92SB/F & the 92 SBC which was another Gun I had to part with 25+ yrs ago during my divorce and he loves it! Personally I'm looking for a Back up to the backup/CC piece,..and I'm considering the New Beretta PICO because it comes with both .380 & .32ACP barrels & slides! We have no .380's(another gun i had to sell long ago,..my .380 PPK/s but Loads of .32ACP since i was planning on Getting the Stainless PP in .32 & DW has a .32ACP derringer...
I would consider the Pico after its been on the market a while. I like the concept and trust the brand, I just prefer to have them work out their kinks on someone else's money.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
Rick1967 Likes This