Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   Favorite compact .9mm pistol (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f114/favorite-compact-9mm-pistol-88193/)

DrFootball 04-05-2013 12:44 AM

Favorite compact .9mm pistol

Everyone has a feeling on this, what's yours? I have been partial to the old S&Ws(39/439), and of late the Ruger LC9 has filled that role for me, Despite some minor issues. I also have an
M-9, and the Ruger SR9, aside from my Colts. The Smallest of my Colts(a Combat Commander) is still to heavy for concealed carry

ScottA 04-05-2013 01:05 AM

Compact 9 that I currently carry: Kahr PM9

Compact 9 that I really would like to get: Springfield EMP

orangello 04-05-2013 01:12 AM

I really like my Bersa Thunder9 UCP, but it isn't a tee-tiny pocket pistol.

Whitewalker1911 04-12-2013 11:23 PM

I love my Ruger SR9c...first gun like a first love haha. She's not QUITE as compact as I'd like, but it'll fit in most average size purses, which is how I carry.

I'd like to get a Ruger LC9 or a Springfield XD SC9. I tried that one today and loved the feel of it, everything about it.

But I'm broke as hell right now, so that's in the FAR future, haha.

Mahalo,
Laura

drvsafe 04-13-2013 03:39 AM

I love my SIG P229r very much. Great overall pistol. Although I also enjoy shooting my Beretta Nano as well and I have been shooting it more now than the SIG, mostly to break it in. But i really enjoy shooting the Nano, which is something i didn't expect.

Jpyle 04-13-2013 03:57 AM

No complaints with my CZ 75 compact...

KJG67 04-13-2013 04:20 AM

CZ 2075 RAMI BD, and extended mag to 14 and it's still compact.

DrFootball 05-18-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA
Compact 9 that I currently carry: Kahr PM9

Compact 9 that I really would like to get: Springfield EMP

I hear great things about the EMP in both .9 & .40! My only "Springfields" are Long Guns (an M1A/s & an M1E2)
But based on what I heard from a Local PD pal of mine who carries one Off-duty, I advised a very old Friend(Ret. NYPD det. now doing Courier/P.I. work for a Diamond broker) to consider either the EMP or the Beretta Nano. He had shot both my Beretta's(a 92SB/F & the 92 SBC which was another Gun I had to part with 25+ yrs ago during my divorce and he loves it! Personally I'm looking for a Back up to the backup/CC piece,..and I'm considering the New Beretta PICO because it comes with both .380 & .32ACP barrels & slides! We have no .380's(another gun i had to sell long ago,..my .380 PPK/s :( but Loads of .32ACP since i was planning on Getting the Stainless PP in .32 & DW has a .32ACP derringer...

DrFootball 05-18-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle
No complaints with my CZ 75 compact...

What about getting xtra Mags? I hear they are in short supply....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
NSDQ

drvsafe 05-18-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball

I hear great things about the EMP in both .9 & .40! My only "Springfields" are Long Guns (an M1A/s & an M1E2)
But based on what I heard from a Local PD pal of mine who carries one Off-duty, I advised a very old Friend(Ret. NYPD det. now doing Courier/P.I. work for a Diamond broker) to consider either the EMP or the Beretta Nano. He had shot both my Beretta's(a 92SB/F & the 92 SBC which was another Gun I had to part with 25+ yrs ago during my divorce and he loves it! Personally I'm looking for a Back up to the backup/CC piece,..and I'm considering the New Beretta PICO because it comes with both .380 & .32ACP barrels & slides! We have no .380's(another gun i had to sell long ago,..my .380 PPK/s :( but Loads of .32ACP since i was planning on Getting the Stainless PP in .32 & DW has a .32ACP derringer...

I would consider the Pico after its been on the market a while. I like the concept and trust the brand, I just prefer to have them work out their kinks on someone else's money.