can an 18 year old take a minor shooting in arizona?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arizona Gun Forum > can an 18 year old take a minor shooting in arizona?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Default can an 18 year old take a minor shooting in arizona?

Me and my younger brother enjoy shooting clay pigions with our shotguns at the local trap and skeet range the problem is I always work and I'm never available anymore he is 18 and owns his own shotgun since I'm not able to go he wants to bring his friend along who is a minor about 17 I think. Id let him borrow my shotgun but i wanna make sure its okay first

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
Me and my younger brother enjoy shooting clay pigions with our shotguns at the local trap and skeet range the problem is I always work and I'm never available anymore he is 18 and owns his own shotgun since I'm not able to go he wants to bring his friend along who is a minor about 17 I think. Id let him borrow my shotgun but i wanna make sure its okay first
I'm not an expert, but I don't think Arizona has a law that prohibits a minor (ie under 18) to legally shoot a rifle (Pistols are different). And I could not find no where any restrictions about a minor shooting a shot gun. Therefore I don't see a problem with your brother going to the range with his minor friend, unless the range has their own rules. I think you need to check with the range to see if they will let your brother and his friend to use their range. And by the way each range has their own rules.