Beginning hunter?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Arizona Gun Forum > Beginning hunter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Beginning hunter?

I have never hunted big and I'm a desert native. What are some things I should do or try to get a buck my first trip out?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

You may want to start by getting online with the Arizona Game and Fish Department. They have a wealth of information.

Then, start hunting now. Off season is different from in season, but if you can't find deer in the off season, most likely you will struggle to find them during the season.

Best Regards......Eagle Six

Old 03-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

First Thing is what unit did you get drawn for? , Then is it whitetail or mule deer? and what time of year is your hunt? . Eagle Six is right , AZ game and fish will have the best info on your unit as to where the highest concentrations of deer will be whether it is whitetail or mulie in each unit and they give a pretty good general idea of how to hunt them . Time of year and location is important because of the rut ,water , food and so on . Good optics and allot of time spent scouting befor the hunt is also very helpful because the more time you spend looking the better the chance of finding what you are looking for LOL .