Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Alaska Gun Forum > this brought a new ar15 off the shelf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default this brought a new ar15 off the shelf

when I went out to shoot it I pulled the trigger back once the gun spit three bullets and the gun broke in off it was a Olympic Arms my question is are many people been injured using a off the shelf gun meaning brand new and how may other people had this same problem using a Olympic arms AR15 style guns ? this was my first AR 15 style gun and my last they at Olympic firearms told me two different stories today one person said they stopped using castings twenty years ago the other guy said they stopped using casting 6 or 7 years so I can not believe either one of these person that work at Olympic firearms so do they still us casting instead of forgeing which I can not believe any gun manufacture using castings it should be illegal to have any casting parts on guns so what do you believe?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5309 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 10142

Lots of companies use cast receivers.

No offense and none taken

Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #3

I wish it was your money not mine

Old 04-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1575 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 4792

Take some time and write the best letter that you can.
Stress that this was your first time shooting the rifle.
Indicate what kind of ammo you were using.
(I hope it was factory loads and you still have samples if requested)
Offer to send them the fired/ejected shells as well as the box information).
Ask for their assistance in resolving the problem.

Be sure and let them know of any injuries (OR LACK OF INJURIES).

THEN Have a good friend or teacher help proof read and correct your writing, including punctuation.

Be curteous and polite in ALL DEALINGS with the manufacturer. I would expect some help in getting the rifle functioning again.

Hope that you are fine.

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16881 Times on 9779 Posts
Likes Given: 44011

most AR recievers are cast then machined. fairly common.

Ruger has been using investment casting for many years on many different types of firearms.

the question is the whether to use casting, but the quality of the material and the methods used to make the casting.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1633 Times on 855 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

I'd take it to the dealer.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Take some time and write the best letter that you can.
Stress that this was your first time shooting the rifle.
Indicate what kind of ammo you were using.
(I hope it was factory loads and you still have samples if requested)
Offer to send them the fired/ejected shells as well as the box information).
Ask for their assistance in resolving the problem.

Be sure and let them know of any injuries (OR LACK OF INJURIES).

THEN Have a good friend or teacher help proof read and correct your writing, including punctuation.

Be curteous and polite in ALL DEALINGS with the manufacturer. I would expect some help in getting the rifle functioning again.

Hope that you are fine.
I am fine and just upset with what junk they sell to the American people for the cost the manufacture told me that this gun retails for $ 525.00 the gun dealers charge in Alaska around $1100.00 to $1400.00 for this casting made gun but every body is just taking advantage even your NRA group why would I join a organization to rip me off and let the gov take are rights to bear arms slowly I used to be a until I grew up and found out what they were doing and still doing and I would tell you what they are doing for you but when one day they come and ask you for your guns that's what the NRA is about plus they will not stop their just me once a organzations except funding from the gov to party or lobby for you watch out.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #8
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16881 Times on 9779 Posts
Likes Given: 44011

maybe you just got one that was defective. why not try contacting the manufacterer before flaming on them? does have a warranty doesn't it? try using it first before badmouthing them.

and the NRA is constantly battling for our gun rights. why do you feel they aren't? so is it your opinions we should just take it and give up? if so then. do so. the rest of us will stand and fight for our rights and freedoms and support the NRA.

partner, you might seriously consider taking a Valium and chilling out.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #9

Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I agree with axxe about the whole thing and I don't recommend coming on here and bashing the NRA like you are and claiming they are fighting against us instead of for us. I am a lifetime NRA member and very active in what they are doing to help us keep our 2nd amendment rights and to keep our guns. If you wanna go bash them, well I welcome you to the site but you might just wanna go find one of those gun bashing, anti-second amendment obama supporting sites instead of coming here with this kind of attitude. Just my 2 cents...... We are all about support and our rights here......

Old 04-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #10

Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Oh and the cost of the gun is higher because you are in Alaska, just like the price of everything else up there.... Nobody is trying to rip you off and I am sorry if you really feel that way..... Everything up there costs more...... Sometimes you just get a defect in the build, as long as you weren't hurt I would be very thankful and do exactly what was suggested to get the situation resolved. Hope things work out for you and your anger settles a bit and you decide to change your mind about bashing everything.