Alabama CC
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Alabama Gun Forum > Alabama CC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 115 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Default Alabama CC

Hey all,

I lived in Alabama 20 years ago, had my CC permit...just $10 at the courthouse with a reference and two days later, permit issued.

I very recently moved back to Alabama and will establish my residency soon...or at least get my Bama drivers license... what is required to get my CC permit? Has there been an open carry law recently passed? I heard some talk that made me think that something must have recently changed legally.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

MisterMcCool Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6742 Times on 3684 Posts
Likes Given: 13299

Open carry is now legal.
Apply at the sheriffs office for a concealed pistol permit. No class or target qualifying is required. It costs $20 in my county for an annual permit. I heard they were considering a three or five year permit, but I don't know if that passed.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 10-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1858 Times on 1087 Posts
Likes Given: 885

In The Free State of Winston it is $15 for 5 years.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 02-21-2014, 02:31 AM   #4

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
In The Free State of Winston it is $15 for 5 years.
Wow, is it really? We're doin' pretty good in Limestone Co. at $15 a year, but the least expensive I'd heard of before this was (I think) Shelby @ $7.50 per year. $3 bucks a year wins!

As the new law was getting ready to go into effect, I ran across your Sheriff giving a Q&A about it. Seemed pretty relaxed about the OC thing. You've probably seen it, but if not, it's here.

We lived in Cullman for about 10 years and used to ride our scooters out through Double Springs quite often, sometimes on towards Tupelo, sometimes just ride around up in Bankhead. Love it out there.

So what are the immigration policies of the Free State of Winston?

CzarChasm
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1858 Times on 1087 Posts
Likes Given: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarChasm View Post
Wow, is it really? We're doin' pretty good in Limestone Co. at $15 a year, but the least expensive I'd heard of before this was (I think) Shelby @ $7.50 per year. $3 bucks a year wins!

As the new law was getting ready to go into effect, I ran across your Sheriff giving a Q&A about it. Seemed pretty relaxed about the OC thing. You've probably seen it, but if not, it's here.

We lived in Cullman for about 10 years and used to ride our scooters out through Double Springs quite often, sometimes on towards Tupelo, sometimes just ride around up in Bankhead. Love it out there.

So what are the immigration policies of the Free State of Winston?

CzarChasm
I have 14 acres for sale and have two people coming out to look at it today. All you need to build here is a septic system permit. I live right smack dab in the middle of the Bankhead!
If you are ever get out this way stop by and have a glass (of sweet tea) or a cup (of coffee) or a bottle (of barley pop or soda).
Not to mention I have my own 'range', so if you want to shoot that is ok too.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-01-2014 at 03:18 PM.
CzarChasm Likes This 
Old 03-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6742 Times on 3684 Posts
Likes Given: 13299

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I heard they were considering a three or five year permit, but I don't know if that passed.
One, two, three, four, or five year permits are now available. $20 per year at my local sheriff's office.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #7

Liked 115 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Interestingly...in my county, the Sheriff is requiring me to register to vote before issuing my permit...good way to require me to vote against him! I suppose it has more to due with jury duty than anything but for $20, a five year permit is available. I am soooo glad to be back in Alabama!

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

MisterMcCool Likes This