Winston Churchill fading into history - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Winston Churchill fading into history

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
So while Bluez is misconstruing Churchill's insight .
if he was so insightful then why was he mongering for war with Germany long before the Nazis came to power?
Decades beofre the supposed "reasons" (liberation of the Sudetenland and invasion of Polcand) had ever happened.

(incidentally even IF the Brits propaganda had been 100% accurate, and it wasn't, it would have been still peanuts compared to business as usual among all allied powers)

If allied propaganda had been actually meant by ANYOINE the allies should have declared war Poland long before Germany did, since it was an aggressive fascist state that waged war on ALL its neighbors annexing lands that were not populated by Poles and had been doing so for 20 years.

We are all entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts and the more one studies the years prior to the war the more you realize what they write in your history books is bull****.

If the so called allies had actually belived their propaganda they would have declared war on Poland and or the soviets looong before even thinking about declaring war on Germany as both doing what the allies accused the Germans of long before and on a bigger scale.

Why didn't they?
because it was all a lie to begin with.

The war had nothing to do with "saving the west" (it actually killed "the west" and predictably so) it was simply about geopolitics and personal self-aggrandization of the major leaders of the countries involved.

And genocide was a british war aim long before the holocaust had even started.. don't .. but its ok.. since milions murded were "only" Germans.
how <dare> those evil germans not roll over like their previous colonial victims!

And I think it is what really fueled the inhuman hatred Churchill and rooseveldt had for all that was german including women and children.
it was supposed to be an EASY war!

And it wasn't and the plutocracies very nearly lost, that's what made the allied leadership so eager for mass murder and the mass starvation of Germany millions into the gulags, the biggest ethnics cleansing since the mongols. all those things were set in place before the holocaust started (early 43) and before it was known in the west (mid 44).

if the germans had won the war they would have been just as justified to put churchill and his ilk in front of war criminal proceeding.
Except they would not have been so pretentious and likely given them gentlemen's retirement in the countryside.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 04-24-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 AM   #32

Liked 83 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 45

A very, most interesting thread and one which I'll have to do some research on.

I still like the "quote":

Unknown (to me) matron to Winston: "If you were my husband, I would give you poison."

Winston: "Madam, If I were your husband, I would take it."

For all we have, thank a vet.

"Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone."
- Erwin Rommel

willshoum Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5932 Times on 3355 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

bluez, Where on Earth did you dig up that NAZI propaganda??

I've seen that exact same crap for years being pushed by skinhead neo-nazi, "White Power' and KKK groups.

Do you also deny the Holocaust??

The "murder" Of German civilians is pure bullsh!t

I was posted to Germany for two years, and I came to know many German people. They were free people. Some were WW2 veterans. They hated Hitler.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 04-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

The "murder" Of German civilians is pure bullsh!t

I feel sorry for you since you obviously never bothered to actually study history.

Kinda reminds me of the attitude we all decry with the liberals : If it doenst fit the narrative they have internalized it cant be true right!?

Check out uncensored history blog.. or the webpages of the survivor groups like ( search for sudenten german inferno).. I know the victims all deserved it because they were germans right?
germans_killed_by_soviet_army.jpg   360_german_ar_hamboy.jpg   dresden-pyre01.jpg   175017_m.jpg   figures11-12enhforweb.jpg  

dresden_bunker-2.jpg   dresden_leichen2.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:

Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #35

kinder.jpg   ostpreussenfrauen.jpg   untitled.jpg   0.jpg   063h.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:

Last edited by bluez; 04-26-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #36

Locutus,

Think about it like this:

If the Germans had won all thier leaders would be respected and wonderful heros and all allied leaders would be war criminals right?

So just because the mainstream narrative of the war is what you feel doesn't mean at all that is it is true./

You simply cannot rely on the mainstream. narrative.
You're not a bad person.. just a little one sided is all and since you show passion I am hopeful you might want to do some research.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:

Last edited by bluez; 04-25-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #37
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Well....every party has a pooper.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

We haven't forgotten him. Winston Churchill will feature on the next £5 banknote . Photograph: Bank of England. Atrocities were carried out by all sides in the war some more than others. He was the right leader at the time for the UK.

Quote:
Check out uncensored history blog.. or the webpages of the survivor groups like ( search for sudenten german inferno).. I know the victims all deserved it because they were germans right.
I am not sure what you are trying to prove with your pictures. Bombs kill people and start fires that kill people. Its not rocket science.
winston-churchill-next-008.jpg  

Last edited by manta; 04-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #39
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

He was a Great Man. Flawed, yes, but who isn't? A Great Man, a great wit and as Manta says the right man at the right time. I recommend William Manchester's three-volume biography, The Last Lion.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5932 Times on 3355 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

bluez.

I learned much of my German history by

ACTUALLY VISITING WITH GERMAN PEOPLE, INCLUDING WW2 GERMAN VETERANS!!!!!!

I spent TWO YEARS in Germany. I met and visited with several hundred Germans. At least half a dozen were German army troops and beer drinking buddies.

I don't need to read skin-head propaganda. I was there.

I certainly have compassion for the German civilians killed as a result of collateral damage of war. But I also have compassion for the Jews brutally murdered, not as an act of war, but as an act of genocide. and for the innocent English people of London and other cities bombed by the NAZI. And I have compassion for the Japanese civilians and the Chinese and Koreans wantonly murdered for no reason by the Japanese warlords.War is hell, but the most humane way to fight a war is to get it over with as quickly as possible, regardless of collateral damage.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 04-28-2013 at 11:33 PM.