Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Winston Churchill fading into history

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 239 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 12

AR10- You say, "One fact remains true of all wars, and will FOREVER remain so:

HISTORY BOOKS ARE ALWAYS WRITTEN BY THE WINNING SIDE" .

Not so fast ! In Japan, the history textbooks are written by the Japanese and they don't even tell the students that Japan started the war .
I've read that maps in Palestinian Authority textbooks don't have Israel on them .

Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #22

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1388

Rentacop:

The books that you've read didnt lie about anything . They simply omit a lot of stuff.

they are what you call a Hagiography.

There is not one thing I mention thats deinied by anyone.
Its just not talked about in the glorification press that passes for hisotry in the english spekaing countries.

After a decade of introspection Russia is going back to that style as well.
A style where most atrocities sindt happen, entire battles disappeared, and so much is omitted that it amounts to falsifcation.

As for Churchill as long as you are willing to sacrifice the British Empire any leader could ahve done what he did since FDR was determined to enter the war on the British side.

Luckily eventually the japanese obliged him unleashed the war even further .
but statements from Churchill ( and FDR) both during the war and the Potsdam conference shows they were pretty comfortable with Genocide.

In all fairness I obviosuly put the worst possible tiwst on it just to hit people over the head alittle bit... and he did seem to have a bit more scruples than other allied leaders but not enough to affect british policies.

Still the history is written byt the victors.

Did you know for example than depending which figures you choose to use the allies murdered more german civilians and POW's in the last few months of the war and the next 5 years after the war, than ever Jews died in the holocaust?

if you use the low estimate for the holocaust and the high estmate for german civlians murdered the differenc eis huige.

if you use the low estimate of germans civlians murdered and the high estimate for the holocaust ( as allied histgrionics tend to do) then that statement cant be made.

But it is just as realistic as what we were taught in highschool.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 03-15-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 AM   #23

Liked 239 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Bluez - I said earlier that I won't dignify this with a rebuttal and I'll stick to that .

Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #24

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

So while Bluez is misconstruing Churchill's insight and tenacity as the cause rather than the effect of evil, would someone like to imagine what the Nazi history of a won war would read like?

The winners write the history but the truth will out.

Churchill saved the West! Blue, can we agree that the brilliant Chamberlain had a nice moustache at least or are you truly fancying Mr. Hitler's or, no, it's Stalin's methinks.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Rentacop:

Did you know for example than depending which figures you choose to use the allies murdered more german civilians and POW's in the last few months of the war and the next 5 years after the war, than ever Jews died in the holocaust?
I don't doubt that a bit and given the feelings of the Russians and Brits towards Germany I see no reason for that to be mentioned in a history book. For me it was just assumed that pay back was a bitch. I'm not saying the killing of civilians should ever be condoned, but let's face it Germany had made it very personal. Not to mention given what Stalin did to his own people I'm surprised any Germans survived in the east.

History is written by the victors and lot of things or omitted, but I think it's done mostly just to keep things simple. Real history and the people that made it are complicated. Most people have a hard time with the simple version. I'm not sure a more thorough version would really help those that aren't even interested in the simple version?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #26

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

FDR was a close friend and Allie of Joe Stalin. Stalin came over to the Allies after Hitler turned on him. The sport of tearing down the heroes of democracy became popular with the pro communist movement of the 1960s. It seems to be with us 50 years later.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
FDR was a close friend and Allie of Joe Stalin. Stalin came over to the Allies after Hitler turned on him. The sport of tearing down the heroes of democracy became popular with the pro communist movement of the 1960s. It seems to be with us 50 years later.
Some of those heroes are complicated and perhaps not has good as the simplified version of history makes them out to be. To this day I can't make up my mind about Lincoln. He did a lot of good things, and he did some bad things as well. Like I said it's complicated.

Some do point out whatever to serve their own purposes, but most that are actually interested in history can see past that. For everyone else, well they don't really care to begin with.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There is nothing wrong with researching current or past political figures. Researching history and repeating mangled broken statements is another issue.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like the fact that WC carried a Mauser Broom Handle pistol often. An Amazing man.

Frank (The Old Texan) Haley cjf

My life's verse: Isa. 9:6

and

My "getting through the day" saying:

"When the sunshine of God's love meets the showers of our sorrow, the rainbow of promise appears."

Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5465 Times on 3098 Posts
Likes Given: 4742

bluez.

BULLSH!T

Golda Meier.