We need to recognize - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > We need to recognize

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I agree. With you I mean. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

I'm freaking white. White gets no recognition, except as "the evil oppressor" by so-called minorities.

Nevermind the fact that I'm a true mutt, with Native American, African, English, Nordic, Spanish, and Germanic (the biggest portion) roots. I LOOK white, therefore everyone sees whitey.

If all that can be combined to make one damn body, it's about high time we stop the segregation. Could you imagine if my damn DNA wanted the special separate recognitions that so many people want? That's right, I would literally be ripped apart at the seams. Guess what's happening within our country?

I say drop the petty bull **** differences, we're all Americans (well, Americans are Americans. Some FTF members aren't American).

Every race within me makes "Trip286".
There is no Native American trip, African trip, English trip....

And that's part of the reason I get absolutely livid when I get accused of racism. I ain't big on hating myself.
I agree. I'm Cherokee, Irish, French, and German, and I'm proud of my heritage, but I don't like the idea of recognizing people just because of their race.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I agree. I'm Cherokee, Irish, French, and German, and I'm proud of my heritage, but I don't like the idea of recognizing people just because of their race.
What about the Grays? Everybody calls them "the Grays" and stereotypes them as anal probers. Poor misunderstood alien visitors...

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 05-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #13

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

What about the Grays? Everybody calls them "the Grays" and stereotypes them as anal probers. Poor misunderstood alien visitors...

What about the bears then?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
What about the bears then?
I don't discriminate; I hate them all, the black ones, the brown ones, the white ones, the ones in the ConUS, and the ones outside the ConUS. I don't even divide them up by color when hating them; sometimes I imagine a patchwork bear that could best be described as calicoesque.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 AM   #15

Liked 761 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I think they need to be recognized as heroic AMERICAN SOLDIERS.

Not as native Americans, (hell, we're almost all native Americans) not as Italian Americans, or Tibetan Americans, not as Hispanic Americans, not as Jewish Americans, not as Christian Americans, or whatever.

What' wrong with just being American heroes??
I do a Catawba scout persona for my Rev War militia reenacting unit.. When someone from the public refers to me as a "Native American" soldier I remind them (speaking from my historical viewpoint) that "In times of armed inserection against a common injustice there is no place for halfinated Americanism. I am simply a soldier serving my neighbors, friends and my cause."

PS... Can anyone tell me why I have to fill out my "race" on the forms when I pick up a gun from my FFL ???? Where is the box I can check off marked "American"???

Last edited by NC1760; 05-30-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #16

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Canada is not right very often. They do not however refer to the early tribal culture as Native Canadians. They are simply First Nations. That does not mean they were any more Native to Canada then the Nations that followed.
After all the DNA says Native Asians.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2125 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 632

The politicians have divided us and conquered us. By factionaliziing us they break us into smaller manageable groups they can play against each other.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

shadecorp Likes This 
Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1090 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The politicians have divided us and conquered us. By factionaliziing us they break us into smaller manageable groups they can play against each other.
They have not devided us, they have separated us from our individual heritages, and poured us into one mold where strong traditions of our father's and their father's are no longer important or meaningful. Across our great land, churches are empty, assemblies like Eagles, Masons, VFW, and hundreds of others are dying.

What moment did this blur of traditional family values start to errode? It was the forced bussing if our children from their family neighborhoods to other neighborhoods. In a couple of generations, look what has happened? Look what we have elected to the people's house in DC, and state legislatures all over our great land. These pirates, caring nothing about anything except themselves, have raped the treasury, bankrupt our savings, double mortgaged everything and our country, once strong and independent, is now a third rate debtor nation, insolvent and about to collapse.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #19

Liked 761 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
They have not devided us, they have separated us from our individual heritages, and poured us into one mold where strong traditions of our father's and their father's are no longer important or meaningful. Across our great land, churches are empty, assemblies like Eagles, Masons, VFW, and hundreds of others are dying.

What moment did this blur of traditional family values start to errode? It was the forced bussing if our children from their family neighborhoods to other neighborhoods. In a couple of generations, look what has happened? Look what we have elected to the people's house in DC, and state legislatures all over our great land. These pirates, caring nothing about anything except themselves, have raped the treasury, bankrupt our savings, double mortgaged everything and our country, once strong and independent, is now a third rate debtor nation, insolvent and about to collapse.
Point of question here... Are you refering simply to our country.. or the World as a whole?? Because (IMHO) the breakdown of the human society is based upon an abandonment of personal responsibility, self centeredness and the glory of profit and power above all else... and that transends all socieological, political, religious, cultural and geographical boundaries.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2181 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 3327

Oh, we can blame government and all kinds of stuff. We deserved every government we ever elected. Voters have gotten away from the basics and are wrapped around the axles about feel good crap that does not matter. Much of what has happened in the US can rightly be blamed on gluttony, greed and wars fought to soothe the huge egos of US political criminals and enrich the stockholders of defense industries.

In the 1950s few wives worked. One wage earner managed to provide well for his family. Then came the need to accumulate more and nicer stuff than the Jones's. Pretty soon the kids were on remote control much of the time while both parents worked. Dad would come home, grab a brew, sit and watch TV or hit the links while kids who needed nurturing, advice and attention were left out. Because parents no longer had time/took time to properly raise their kids; public schools took up the slack. Now most schools serve breakfast and lunch. Some school lunchrooms are open when school is not in session.

Now four of ten wives bring home more money than their husbands. Real wages have been declining for many years. Presently real US wages are <the 1989 level. None of the political pukes will tell you that.

The useless damn Vietnam war trashed this country and tore it apart. The invasion of Iraq was a scam to enrich the military industrial complex. The "war on terror" is becoming another failure like the "war on poverty" and the "war on drugs".

Out of wedlock births in this country are astronomical. State agencies refuse to go after the fathers of kids born out of wedlock; the taxpayers just take up the slack.

Last edited by alsaqr; 05-31-2013 at 08:42 PM.