Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Red dawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

I think instead of a "Red Dawn" scenario, a more likely one is martial law.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #12

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If you believe "Hollywood" movies are predicting the future, well? You will really enjoy "Alice In Wonderland". The Liberals who make and sell these things are only interested in your dollar not Armageddon.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 666 Times on 341 Posts

Red Dawn scenario is ludicrous at best, an invasion by a foreign force on North America is just impossible. There just isn't another country on the planet with the logistical ability to even get an occupying force here even if we just sat and watched, now lets toss in 20% of our defensive capability.... Now a slow death from within, I think we a currently watching it in some forms!!!!

Old 07-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #14

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

I don't know about impossible, but it's certainly a stretch. Another thought-provoking movie is "The Day After". It's about nuclear war with the soviet union/russia. An even more graphic movie is "Threads" made by the BBC and also about nuclear war. Although these movies were made in the 80's they still make you wonder what would happen if it really did occur. If you like black and whites then I recommend "Panic in Year Zero". It's about a family that goes on a camping trip, but ends up trying to survive in the California mountains after a nuclear war with the USSR. All of these movies are available on youtube or for download If you have a video downloader (iLivid is a good one to use and is simple enough). Hopefully these events will be stay confined to fiction and not reality. But, we must always be prepared for a worst case scenario. It would be naive of us to just shrug it off as an impossibility.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19873 Times on 11288 Posts
Likes Given: 50109

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Red Dawn scenario is ludicrous at best, an invasion by a foreign force on North America is just impossible. There just isn't another country on the planet with the logistical ability to even get an occupying force here even if we just sat and watched, now lets toss in 20% of our defensive capability.... Now a slow death from within, I think we a currently watching it in some forms!!!!
for the most part i agree. from a logistics point, i think it would be highly improbable and unlikely that a foreign country could invade the US. but still under the right circustances, it could possibly happen.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

China must be pretty decent at logistics to keep all those people fed, housed, educated, and moved from home to work and back. Let's not discount our screen door borders; if a Mexican smuggler can figure out how to truck 30 farm laborers into the U.S. illegally, how hard would it be for accomplished people movers (Chinese military logistics people) to move some well-disciplined troops into some key locations?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 07-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

for the most part i agree. from a logistics point, i think it would be highly improbable and unlikely that a foreign country could invade the US. but still under the right circustances, it could possibly happen.
FYI, it couldn't happen, not an invasion. It is beyond the ability if foreign nations with their logistical capabilities period, end of conversation!!! They don't possess the ships or aircraft to get enough boots on the ground for an invasion. We are talking about blue water navy's, just google Russia and China and what they currently have in service. I'm calling BS on this one, not only is it improbable but it is impossible. Lets say an airplane can hold 400 soldiers and fly halfway across the Atlantic. So 1,000 aircraft if 400,000 troops... flying across the Atlantic for 12 hours... unnoticed. Never mind we didn't see a half million troops anywhere on the planet boarding aircraft even for an exercise, but the flight across the Atlantic too? OK, let say China uses BOTH of its aircraft carriers plus support ships, that's 30,000 troops.... for a week floating across the Atlantic vs the US Navy.... I'm not trying to be an asss, but invading North America is just dumb, might as well use your rear sight to aim better!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Furthermore, the United States has agreements and bases all over the world. For us to invade Iraq it took us months with the blessing of pretty much every country that matters. If that's what it took for us to invade a third world nation, what would it take for some country to invade America? Lets just say 1,000,000 Chinese soldiers landed in Florida and the US military didn't even show up. So China vs the population of Florida, 17,000,000 people somewhat armed. After 3-4 days the Chinese army need food and ammo.... and now they are 7,000,000 hungry soldiers heading in Georgia... Now toss in some A-10 Warthogs plus Napalm. Now the Chinese military is getting air support from both carriers that successfully took on the US Navy and still has supplies to spare. OK, at this point the Chinese are down to 5,000,000 troops and head to Washington DC in the tanks and APC's they brought 12,000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean with... stop me when this starts to sound absurd!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19873 Times on 11288 Posts
Likes Given: 50109

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
FYI, it couldn't happen, not an invasion. It is beyond the ability if foreign nations with their logistical capabilities period, end of conversation!!! They don't possess the ships or aircraft to get enough boots on the ground for an invasion. We are talking about blue water navy's, just google Russia and China and what they currently have in service. I'm calling BS on this one, not only is it improbable but it is impossible. Lets say an airplane can hold 400 soldiers and fly halfway across the Atlantic. So 1,000 aircraft if 400,000 troops... flying across the Atlantic for 12 hours... unnoticed. Never mind we didn't see a half million troops anywhere on the planet boarding aircraft even for an exercise, but the flight across the Atlantic too? OK, let say China uses BOTH of its aircraft carriers plus support ships, that's 30,000 troops.... for a week floating across the Atlantic vs the US Navy.... I'm not trying to be an asss, but invading North America is just dumb, might as well use your rear sight to aim better!
in a conventional situation, i agree. but for the sake of debate, lets change things up just a bit. let's say, that economically the US has collapsed, the government infrastructure has declared martial law, no jobs, people are starving, and whatever else. borders are not able to be secured and undermanned. then i see the possibilty of an invasion. resistnace would be little or none, because of the current situation and the ensueing chaos going on. but, here's my problem, why would they want o invade our country or any other country that was in this condition? now if that country bordered theirs, then i might see such a thing happening, but to have to travel halfway around the world to invade and occupy a country falling into ruin and dispair?

i agree with you TankTop, just doing some late night what ifs!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:22 AM   #20

Liked 274 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 80

What about those south of our border? Seems they have quite a few here already...