Is This Really What Happened? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Is This Really What Happened?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1248 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 2560

That sounds about right, but parts of it need to be put into context. Some of that happened at the end of an all out war. The food stamps were the result of rationing and not necessarily because the nazis were control freaks (which they were). Some foods were rationed for Americans as well and you would need stamps for things like sugar. And you wouldn't want the FBI looking into your actions during that same time. Again it was an all out war. And Germany had a fascist economy, which is a totalitarian government with a capitalistic economy (just like China today).

Hitler was voted into power in Germany and Austria. Their economies had collapsed as a result of hyper inflation. And Hitler did a lot of good things for the people, at first. He provided stability and built the world's first interstate, the autobahn. He also had cars built for the masses in Germany, the Volkswagon or Family car. Unfortunately for the world he was as crazy as he was smart.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #12

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

I've read that article before and it surprised me as well. I posted the link on fb and didn't get much of a response. Apparently people are only interested in things they can read in under 10 seconds now a days.

Anyways, I'd suggest spreading this information to others. Like you've said, not for the comparison, but for the reality of what actually happened.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1208 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 507

If you are a reader, check out Ken Follet's Fall of Giants and Winter of the World for a good historical fiction account of the first half of the 20th century.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #14

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
If you are a reader, check out Ken Follet's Fall of Giants and Winter of the World for a good historical fiction account of the first half of the 20th century.
Just downloaded the sample of fall of giants. The reviews made is seen promising.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2011 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Austria was Hitlers first conquest and it was not taken by force. Hitler wiped out the Austrian banks and economy then just walked in as their savior. This is another parallel to our current administration. Our economy and banking system is on the brink of collapse and guess what happens then. Riots, civil disobedience, martial law, suspension of the Constitution, confiscation of firearms, incarceration without trial or charges etc. Learn from history or have it repeated.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances

Read this, they took all the swords of the people, then force evicted them afterwards.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #17

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Fiction?!

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1208 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Fiction?!
The characters are fictional, the events described are representative of what happened.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #19

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Nazis National Health Care program was breaking the country. Hitlers government started the first anti smoking campaigns in the world.
Wards filled with children who were warehoused due to mental and physical problems were the first to go. It was decided anyone who can not support the state is a burden. It became a "Final Solution" for any group the party did not like.
The fear of revolt brought about the Nazi gun control. The Nazi gun control worked so well it was adopted by the American Democratic party in the 1968 gun bans.
Obama has introduced a failure health care program Field Marshall Fienstien has introduced the gun control.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #20

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Damn Panda, the parallels in that story to today's events are scary. Funny part is young Americans have no clue about the past and can't see the writing on the wall get in the train car sir, your in need of re-education.....