Is This Really What Happened?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Is This Really What Happened?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 399 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default Is This Really What Happened?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/werthmann.asp

Its a long read, but it tells a historical story i had never heard. I always assumed Austria was taken by force. Can anybody verify the historical accuracy of this, and possibly expand on it some more? I think this is fascinating. I am NOT interested in trying to draw connections between then and now

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

The individual segments of that piece are true. Whether there is or was a real "kitty wertham" dunno. The basics facts of how and what occured is true. They did vote hitler into power hitler took guns. The russians raped the crap out of the german women. Schools did have to recite the mantra to hitler in place of daily prayer etc.

Pretty much sums up where our country is headed.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #3

This person is apparently real. But i am far more interested in the history than the person or the politics.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9561 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

BTW, one of the attractions of Hitler for the Austrians? "He's one of US!"

Hitler was not German by birth. Born in Austria.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

When Hitler started with the Nationalist party, he did a lot of good for Germany.

Unemployment went down through different programs. The "good" of the people went up.

We even had Nazis here in the US who supported him and his party.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #6

Wow, i cant believe this is how that happened. My life is a lie. Picture is my head after learning of this

image-3057198800.jpg

Old 01-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

There is a reason that a lot of us cringe in horror when a democrat or republican is "doing things for the children".

Hitler murdered several million jews "for the children"

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2160 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 804

I have never seen a politician on the national stage that could make me believe he was doing anything for children. Children might have benefited along the way but the only thing the politician was doing was creating another contract to stuff his pockets.

Some local politicians can make me believe because they have easily could have profited from the deal but they chose to stand fast. People who do the right thing don't last long in politics.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-23-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #9

Just this little amount of information has really answered a lot of questions i had. I didnt realize how much infrastructure Hitler has set up.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #10

Liked 4543 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I have never seen a politician on the national stage that could make me believe he was doing anything for children. Children might have benefited along the way but the only thing the politician was doing was creating another contract to stuff his pockets.

Some local politicians can make me believe because they have easily could have profited from the deal but they chose to stand fast. People who do the right thing don't last long in politics.

In my experience, people who genuinely care about children, get a job or volunteer their lives...to children. Not politics.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

dog2000tj Likes This