Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1175 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

The first thing I did this morning when I arrived at work was to walk to my flag pole and lower the flag. I immediately noticed that the gas station next door and the taco bell across the street neither one lowered theirs. I always tell them. They always ignore me. Freaking A-holes!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #12

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
The first thing I did this morning when I arrived at work was to walk to my flag pole and lower the flag. I immediately noticed that the gas station next door and the taco bell across the street neither one lowered theirs. I always tell them. They always ignore me. Freaking A-holes!
I had a guy in my community raise a rising sun in my community today......it lost the sun bout 20 mins after I 1st seen it. A Remington 870 riot gun loaded w 000 bick will do that. I then cut it down and burned it. I told him you are in america and you raise THAT flag on this day ehy? He had the balls to say to celebrate japans greatest moment. I then reminded him of their WORST day-just before I kicked him in the face and told him Hiroshima wouldn't hold a candle to how he's gonna feel. The old man next door yelled Ooooooh Rah and semper fi to me. As well as thank you Marine for defending HIS honor and the Corps sacrifices.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #13

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Wait? You just shot a dudes flag, burned it, then kicked him in the face?

Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #14

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Wait? You just shot a dudes flag, burned it, then kicked him in the face?
Yep. After he was told to kindly take it down please. He told the person to eff off and the next person to say something about his flag was gonna get shot. Being head of security I was told about it. I went and talked to the person he said that too. Then I went back and told him to remove the flag please. He told me to f off. You guys know the rest.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #15

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 374

My first task on the 7th was to lower the National and State flags. It gave me a few moments to reflect on the deaths of many of our Sailors, Marines, and Soldiers sacrifice on that day.

It is easier to remember, reflect on, and celebrate great victories rather than humiliating defeats. The Americans have little to celebrate in WWII until the great naval victory at Midway in 1942.

Carl Sagan

Old 12-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1946 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 4359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Its pretty damn sad the Japs still honor this day nation wide yet we don't. Alot of good Marines and Navy people were killed on this day and yet no one cares hardly anymore. Our country is so damn pathetic and gettin worse everyday
Don't forget that quite a few solders were killed as well. I had a great uncle that was severely wounded. He was in the Army, and I had to mention the soldiers for him. His body was stacked on a box car with all the dead and a nurse happened to see him move. He never got over his injuries.

Eventually Perl Harbor will be just another day in the history books, but it should at the very least continue to be honored by all so long as anyone alive at that time is still with us. Sadly there aren't many of that generation left. Eventually all of that generation will be gone and a lot of our nations greatest moments will go with them.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was in grade school during ww2 and everyone referred to Jap Rats. If you use the word Jap today you are a bigot and politically incorrect. We can thank the fuzzy minded liberals for laying a guilt trip on us.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmac View Post
I was in grade school during ww2 and everyone referred to Jap Rats. If you use the word Jap today you are a bigot and politically incorrect. We can thank the fuzzy minded liberals for laying a guilt trip on us.
I use the word Jap all the time. No guilt at all.
"Lest we forget".