Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   History (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f108/)
-   -   Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f108/pearl-harbor-rememberance-day-77944/)

zaitsev44 12-07-2012 12:36 PM

Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day

Today is the 71st anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and I noticed that very few calendars put that in. Also each year fewer and fewer places of business put their flags at half mast. Also the general focus of honoring Pearl Harbor vets is low (that I've noticed) I knew a vet that was on the USS Arizona, he passed away before I got to ask him (he would talk about it unlike many vets). This was my little rant, piece your opinion please. I put it in history because it's more of history than controversy.

potentialglock 12-07-2012 01:01 PM

I agree. I believe we should put the flags at half staff every year on December 7th.

zaitsev44 12-07-2012 03:07 PM

I agree too and an actual national Rememberance day

25-5 12-07-2012 04:18 PM

Agreed.................

Marlinman 12-07-2012 04:21 PM

Its pretty damn sad the Japs still honor this day nation wide yet we don't. Alot of good Marines and Navy people were killed on this day and yet no one cares hardly anymore. Our country is so damn pathetic and gettin worse everyday

zaitsev44 12-07-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman
Its pretty damn sad the Japs still honor this day nation wide yet we don't. Alot of good Marines and Navy people were killed on this day and yet no one cares hardly anymore. Our country is so damn pathetic and gettin worse everyday

I agree 100%, I say that 7.3 earthquake in Japan was payback 71 years late, but I still hold a grudge against all the japs. This country is screwed off the charts

Marlinman 12-07-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaitsev44 (Post 1042958)

I agree 100%, I say that 7.3 earthquake in Japan was payback 71 years late, but I still hold a grudge against all the japs. This country is screwed off the charts

I don't hold a grudge perse against em but I do have hard feelings. I have one race of people I hate and ill hate em till the day I die-muslims/jihadis. That comes from gettin shot at by the stupid religious nuts. Most of them are VERY stupid from what iv seen

zaitsev44 12-07-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlinman

I don't hold a grudge perse against em but I do have hard feelings. I have one race of people I hate and ill hate em till the day I die-muslims/jihadis. That comes from gettin shot at by the stupid religious nuts. Most of them are VERY stupid from what iv seen

That's a better word, I strongly dislike them, and they deserve every last punishment coming thie way.

shadecorp 12-07-2012 08:41 PM

SAD :mad:;
Watched morning tv.
Not one word.
My Flags are flying.
GOD bless our Troops,
Past
Present
and future.

zaitsev44 12-08-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadecorp
SAD :mad:;
Watched morning tv.
Not one word.
My Flags are flying.
GOD bless our Troops,
Past
Present
and future.

👍👍👍👍👍 I agree man, my local news talked about it but not CBS (communist bull sh!t)