Open Minded Thoughts - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 146 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
I don't understand how you can't see Zimmerman at fault at all

He Profiled

He Followed

He Confronted (with orders not to confront him wait for a peace keeping officer to arrive)

He put matters in his own hands with possibilities of a situation that can go bad. Trayvon had committed no crime to be profiled as a suspect. Only crime that was committed was a shooting death of a teen that started with a bad decision by Zimmerman. But he holds on fault here?

Only 2 know what really happened but most are running with a one side story. It's 2 sides to every story and one don't live to tell it.

Even if Trayvon Attack Zimmerman first Zimmerman never had orders to get out his truck. Once that happened he opened him self up to a bad situation. Let's just say what if Trayvon was a Thug with a gun Zimmerman left his safe zone to put his life in danger himself he should still be at fault.

A Murder Case was a little reaching for the stars by man would have been a litte justice for the bad choices he made leading to a fetal shooting that could have been avoided.

Lots have made this a Black and White issue but it should have been all about justice. I even seen most look to label Trayvon as a thug an make it seems he deserve to died and that's sad he was not in the act of any crime and no one was in any danger for Zimmerman to feel he had to confront him.

Before you look at Trayvon ass a thug for an attack on Zimmerman put yourself in his shoes for a second... if you was being followed by an unknown stranger and confronted you will be ready to defend yourself. Like I said before 2 knew what happened and it's on a one side story now. but back to my logic it's a sick world we live in Trayvon could have thought all bad thoughts about him as Robber , Kid Napper , Rapist. A random stranger walking up to late night raining self defense is gone be main tactic. The best defense is to have an upper hand on an attack maybe he was thinking that.

But anyways people we all need to keep a open mind. All come together as one and stop the racism we are dividing as a country.

I can care less if Zimmerman shot a black kid or an alien I feel his decisions he made was bad and he should a less been punish for them.

Just Shearing my thoughts how I feel please leave all negative comments to yourself.

AND EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR DAY

- Roc
Huh?........................

Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I will put myself in his shoes as I had two perverts follow me towards my home last month. I was on my regular walk and two guys kept driving past and honking. I just ignored it though this continued for about 20 minutes. I turned down a side street to try and lose them and then half way down the block they turned the corner from the other end of the block which means that they were going up and down streets looking for me. They were even bold enough to park their car on a diagonal in the street because there are no sidewalks and they tried to block me. They were saying things to me which I ignored and kept walking. They eventually drove away when they realized they were not intimidating me nor getting my attention. This could have ended VERY differently. I had my gun with me and CHOSE not to engage these two men. I could have tried to act tough and ask them why they were following me which could have ended in a deadly confrontation. Because I chose to get home safely and ignore them, nothing happened. The only way I would have engaged those two men is if they physically tried to harm me. None of us have all of the facts from this case but there is a 911 recording of Zimmerman stating that he lost sight of Trayvon and he was on the way back to his truck. Whether it not he got out of his truck is irrelevant because Trayvon could have safely been at his girlfriend's house had he CHOSEN to go straight there and not come back to confront Zimmerman......Last year a group of black males poured gas on a white male and burned him to death yet Obama did not comment, the news did not turn it into a Media Circus etc. Where was the outrage when OJ was set free? I personally feel that this event was extremely unfortunate but that it is turning into something that it should not......As you stated earlier Trayvon attacked Zimmerman because he thought he was going to be attacked. I 100% believed that these men at some point were going to harm me but I would never just go an attack someone because I think they may hurt me. I made a choice. Would I have been justified in attacking these men just because they followed me??

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 07-14-2013 at 09:04 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #63

Liked 2695 Times on 1216 Posts
Likes Given: 2593

Quote:
What I'm saying is you should always be ready for anything dealing with strangers

Sounds like Zimmerman was ready to me. Martins alligator attitude wrote a check his canary ass couldn't cash.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3049 Times on 1526 Posts
Likes Given: 356

Quote:
I don't understand how you can't see Zimmerman at fault at all

He Profiled
Profiling as a general thing by a private citizen is not illegal or immoral. GZ saw someone who looked suspicious, and could not see his face initially. If you staggering as you walk, I might think you're intoxicated. That's general behavioral profiling. GZ was a private citizen in his neighborhood. He can profile the hell out of anyone he wants. As can I, in my neighborhood. Police aren't supposed to profile. Private citizens on their turf certainly can and will profile those who are not part of the normal scenery. I'm not the police, therefore I will very likely offend many liberal anti-profiling sensibilities. Life's like that.

He Followed- He lost him and was trying to regain sight of him and get a status. Even if one agrees that he followed, so what? It's not illegal or even especially provocative if done at a distance.

He Confronted (with orders not to confront him wait for a peace keeping officer to arrive) My understanding was that TM confronted. Even if I'm wrong, is it wrong for a member of the Neighborhood Watch or even some random resident to challenge an unknown person in their GATED COMMUNITY? This ain't the hood and the general public should not have access to the homes of residents.

He put matters in his own hands with possibilities of a situation that can go bad. Trayvon had committed no crime to be profiled as a suspect. Only crime that was committed was a shooting death of a teen that started with a bad decision by Zimmerman. BS. TMs knuckles and GZ's skull tell a different story. Victim selection fail on TM's part. But he holds on fault here?

Only 2 know what really happened but most are running with a one side story. It's 2 sides to every story and one don't live to tell it. Ballistics and forensics reenforced GZs version of events. Otherwise the Local PD & DA would have cheerfully moved with charges early on. Simply for all the crap they were catching from aggrieved locals. They would been happy to prosecute if they hadn't thought it was a waste of their time. If you recall, the detectives were initially quite skeptical of GZ's story.

Even if Trayvon Attack Zimmerman first Zimmerman never had orders to get out his truck. Once that happened he opened him self up to a bad situation. Let's just say what if Trayvon was a Thug with a gun Zimmerman left his safe zone to put his life in danger himself he should still be at fault.
Enough with the "Orders" BS. Some govt flunky on the other end of the 911 line is not your boss and cannot issue "orders." They may rise to level of strongly worded suggestions. We have all heard recordings of 911 operators who's "Orders" could have gotten someone killed if the caller had been stupid enough to follow them. GZ's getting out of his truck was not justification for him to be attacked. He had every right to get out and see what was going on. Whether that was smart is a separate discussion.
A Murder Case was a little reaching for the stars by man would have been a litte justice for the bad choices he made leading to a fetal shooting that could have been avoided.

Lots have made this a Black and White issue but it should have been all about justice. I even seen most look to label Trayvon as a thug an make it seems he deserve to died and that's sad he was not in the act of any crime and no one was in any danger for Zimmerman to feel he had to confront him.
HE attacked a man for no reason...do you not consider that a crime?
Go ahead, tell us how he was provoked. That dog won't hunt.

In your world view, is TM responsible at all for anything that happened leading to his unfortunate end? You and the press would have us believe that he was just passing by and some big mean guy taunted him to the point that he just had to show that "creepy ass cracker" what for. Is TM responsible for any of HIS actions that night? Maybe, just maybe, if he'd just walked on back to his father's house after GZ lost sight of him, he would be smoking grass and stealing stuff right now.

Before you look at Trayvon ass a thug for an attack on Zimmerman put yourself in his shoes for a second... if you was being followed by an unknown stranger and confronted you will be ready to defend yourself. Like I said before 2 knew what happened and it's on a one side story now. but back to my logic it's a sick world we live in Trayvon could have thought all bad thoughts about him as Robber , Kid Napper , Rapist. A random stranger walking up to late night raining self defense is gone be main tactic. The best defense is to have an upper hand on an attack maybe he was thinking that.

But anyways people we all need to keep a open mind. All come together as one and stop the racism we are dividing as a country. Fine, tell the reverend Al and his cronies.

I can care less if Zimmerman shot a black kid or an alien I feel his decisions he made was bad and he should a less been punish for them. But they were not criminal. Contrary to what the locals seem to think there, you can't beat a guy to death for being a pain in the ass!

But hey, this should cheer you up, GZ is very likely in the hole for somewhere in the neighborhood of m
id-six figures and there will very likely be a civil suit. Whether or not it gets any traction doesn't really help with the legal bills. Oh, don't forget the likelihood that he will probably be murdered by some low information voter who was stirred up by the Rev Al. Feel better?

Just Shearing my thoughts how I feel please leave all negative comments to yourself.

AND EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR DAY

- Roc
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-15-2013 at 01:10 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #65

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Wrong. Tack has made several racial comments that border slur and flat out racism.
If that's the way you see it, that's cool, I respect that...I just don't see it the same way...

So Roc...lots of responses to your OP, how about some answers to some of the questions you were asked...

Any responses to the follow up posts?

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #66
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 812 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 4306

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post

And that's OK......

So is there anyone else out there who shoots left handed and uses their right eye? (this is an actual question)
I'm left handed and right eye dominant.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 07-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #67
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

personally i think this case drew alot of negative publicity that should be put to rest now. it's over and done with until someone tries to further it in some way. there have been a lot of opposing opinions about this case and how many would have done things differently. fact is, Zimmerman was there, and not one of us was. he was in that situation and he was the person on trial for that tragic shooting. a young man made a poor decision and died because of it, and another made some wrong decisions and paid for it. yes he was found not guilty, but he still has a huge legal bill to pay, the stress of what of what happened, and what will happen in the future and the stress it has and will put upon his family. i am pretty sure that if he had to do all over again, know the outcome of this trial, he would probably hae done things differently. who knows?

the fact is that, some are happy he got acquited, some are not. some feel justice was served and some feel Zimmerman got away with murder. the jury has spoken and they found him not guilty, in a court of law, not the court of the media or popular opinion. a court of law, with a fair trial. the prosecution was tasked with proving his guilt, not Zimmerman having to prove his innocence.

but i think it's time to move past this and on to other matters.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
personally i think this case drew alot of negative publicity that should be put to rest now. it's over and done with until someone tries to further it in some way. there have been a lot of opposing opinions about this case and how many would have done things differently. fact is, Zimmerman was there, and not one of us was. he was in that situation and he was the person on trial for that tragic shooting. a young man made a poor decision and died because of it, and another made some wrong decisions and paid for it. yes he was found not guilty, but he still has a huge legal bill to pay, the stress of what of what happened, and what will happen in the future and the stress it has and will put upon his family. i am pretty sure that if he had to do all over again, know the outcome of this trial, he would probably hae done things differently. who knows?

the fact is that, some are happy he got acquited, some are not. some feel justice was served and some feel Zimmerman got away with murder. the jury has spoken and they found him not guilty, in a court of law, not the court of the media or popular opinion. a court of law, with a fair trial. the prosecution was tasked with proving his guilt, not Zimmerman having to prove his innocence.

He would be swinging from a rope if this particular court had any say in the matter. Now it's time for Zimmerman to make the lamestream media dance to his tune for what they tried to do to him.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 07-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

While 'Rome' burns the media is filled with non important (to the nation) matters. I believe the media AND the government like it this way.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #70

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It seems five "Civil" rights groups will petition the DOJ regarding this decision on Monday. Holder has the FBI already investigating a possible Hate crime. A Hate crime will allow Federal Charges to be brought against "Z".
I expect "Z" to be sued in civil court and sentenced under Federal Laws. Obama will once more use the "Beer Summit" to hold Black voters.