Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

You control the situation by avoiding the thugs hanging out at the basketball court ahead of time.
I didn't expect to see that was a private membership paid gym not a any around the way gym with hoodlums in front of it I avoid them always

Old 07-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

well you had months to think about it, and Zimmerman had moments.
But that's how I attack a situation I'm not sure about I do everything with caution. But me and Zimmerman a 2 different people we look at everything different.

How would you have went about every thing?

Old 07-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #43

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

How guilty would he have looked 'running away'?

Same crowd saying he should have fled would be saying 'innocent men don't need to run'

Physical stature does not make you a 'man'
Mental capacity does.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19823 Times on 11256 Posts
Likes Given: 49966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
But that's how I attack a situation I'm not sure about I do everything with caution. But me and Zimmerman a 2 different people we look at everything different.

How would you have went about every thing
honestly i don't know. i wasn't in that situation. i'd like to think i would have done pretty much the same thing as Zimmerman. i am pretty sure Zimmerman couldn't have told you months prior to that night how he would have reacted either.

it's rather easy to specualte or theorize what you would do in the same situation, sitting in your comfy chair behind the computer, nice cold drink within reach and discussing this with like minded people. but the truth is, not many of us do know for a fact what we will do until put into that same situation. like playing Monday quaterback for Sunday's game. very easy to speculate or even criticise when you're not the one in that situation.
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3221

Quote:
I don't understand how you can't see Zimmerman at fault at all

He Profiled

He Followed

He Confronted (with orders not to confront him wait for a peace keeping officer to arrive)

He put matters in his own hands with possibilities of a situation that can go bad. Trayvon had committed no crime to be profiled as a suspect. Only crime that was committed was a shooting death of a teen that started with a bad decision by Zimmerman. But he holds on fault here?

Only 2 know what really happened but most are running with a one side story. It's 2 sides to every story and one don't live to tell it.

Even if Trayvon Attack Zimmerman first Zimmerman never had orders to get out his truck. Once that happened he opened him self up to a bad situation. Let's just say what if Trayvon was a Thug with a gun Zimmerman left his safe zone to put his life in danger himself he should still be at fault.

- Roc
Prove the profiling.

Yes, he followed - perfectly legal thing to do.

He confronted - with NO SUCH ORDERS to the contrary (or are you only going with the doctored version of the 911 tapes?

The Medical Examiner found wounds on TM's hands consistent with punching someone. GZ's wounds were a broken nose and injuries to the back of his head, consistent with getting your butt kicked.

Being followed by someone is not grounds to physically assault them. Especially since the assault came when GZ was returning to his vehicle.

Also, where are you getting "orders"? Civilian 911 operator has NO legal authority.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3221

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
How guilty would he have looked 'running away'?

Same crowd saying he should have fled would be saying 'innocent men don't need to run'

Physical stature does not make you a 'man'
Mental capacity does.
Then in this instance, even if he were 30, he's still not a "man" - by YOUR definition.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 07-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #47

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

How would you have went about every thing?
I wouldn't have even stopped. I would have given a good description to 911, a positive location and direction, reminded them of the many recent burglaries in the neighborhood, and carried my self to the house. From there, as a neighborhoods watch patrol member, I would have called the watch and informed them of what was going on, and let them make their own judgment call on how to proceed.

But that's not what the trial was about. The trial was, "did he kill him with a depraved mind with no regard to life". The verdict was no, and the evidence that's been made public makes me feel the verdict is just.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #48

Before Law Enforcement engage a suspect they notify themselves as Police with a badge and dressed in uniform

Zimmerman should had took the same precautions he would had a better chance of that the just searching for him late night by himself

Old 07-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
Believe it or not, there are more people who don't see this as a racial issue than do...

Take this forum for example...

Undoubtedly, 95% of the members are white males...

In the thousands of posts on this topic, not one was 'racially insensitive'...(for lack of a better term)...not a single one.
Wrong. Tack has made several racial comments that border slur and flat out racism.

DISCE PATI

Old 07-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Then in this instance, even if he were 30, he's still not a "man" - by YOUR definition.
True, there are many males @ 30+ that are children and not mature.. My 40 year old brother, exhibit A

DISCE PATI

Closed Thread