Open Minded Thoughts - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

but are you making the assumption that Zimmerman confronted Martin? because according to Zimmerman's statement, he was going back to his vehicle when he was attacked by Martin. irregardless if Zimmerman confronted Martin and questioned him and Martin attacked him, he would still be in the right to use deadly force to defend his life. and also remember that Zimmerman's phone was still on and connected to the 911 dispatch during the confrontation, attack or scuffle.
What I'm saying is you should always be ready for anything dealing with strangers

Old 07-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
Some people have to much Pride to run and rather stand around and fight
and stupid pride can get you killed. with maturity a person learns when to stand their ground and for what reasons.

had he been standing his ground instead of running to save his mother or father or a family member from being killed and gotten killed for being prideful of his family and dying standing his ground, then maybe i would agree. but if he felt in danger of his life from someone following him, then prudence should have told him to move his butt out of dangers way.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7569 Times on 4113 Posts
Likes Given: 15777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc

Some people have to much Pride to run and rather stand around and fight
Legally and morally correct, but in this case, Martin initiated the fight.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #24

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

Never said it was right just keeping a open mind to everything
My open mind says that I can see where some people would commit assault out of anger, fear, retaliation, pride, hate.

My moral mind says that attacking people and causing them injury is wrong.

My logical mind says that none of what my open mind says is a legitimate excuse.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:

What I'm saying is you should always be ready for anything dealing with strangers
Exactly.
If your cutting through a strangers yard you should be prepared to get shot.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2624 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

Hard to do your job as a neighborhood watch and keep track of a suspicious person for the police while setting in one place in your car! The complex also looked very large. In my off duty hours I was security at an apartment complex that had over 1400 people living in it from 2200 Hrs to 0700 Hrs five days a week! (Nights) More like a small town! And I followed hundreds of people over the years. And fortunately none ever stopped and prepared an ambush or attack. Not very logical to assume that he should no have followed him when that was his job to watch suspicious individuals. Martin certainly did not have to attack anyone either! It is a good way to get seriously injured or die and he did. We talk about poor judgment he certainly made a poor decision to ambush and attack. Conversation would have worked out much better for all involved. The attack and battery set the path and is where things went downhill.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #27

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

.....my reply in bold below:

Quote:

1)He Profiled..Is it profiling if someone acts supicous? it was late and trayvon was not just walking on the side of the road but standing nex tot the entrance of a closed community center when GZ saw him first, vicinity of where there had been break ins beofre

2)He Followed
he aprrochaed TM wiht the intent to ask him what he was doing there.. all TM had to do when asked was "good evening Sir, I am visintg my father up the street at xvs an djust am on my way hoome" thats what i would have done as achild

3) He Confronted (with orders not to confront him wait for a peace keeping officer to arrive)
Boht were walking were they had aright to be. GZ has the right to ask TM the question.. TM has the right not to answer even though answering would ahve been prudent under the circumstance

4) Trayvon had committed no crime to be profiled as a suspect. this happens all the time.. but he fit the descritpion of those who had been committing crimes there recently and he was acting unusual. it is reasonable ot ask him what eh is doing

5) Only crime that was committed was a shooting death of a teen that started with a bad decision by Zimmerman. But he holds on fault here?
from GZ's account , ( which of course like u say is only one side)..the point was that after the first conversation TM lapped around the building and then hid in a bush as GZ was walking back and attackjed GZ who was back on the way to his truck. ALL the evidence backs up GZ 's account. Is the evidence spotty? yes but sitll the preponderance of evidence backs him up

6) Even if Trayvon Attack Zimmerman first Zimmerman never had orders to get out his truck. Once that happened he opened him self up to a bad situation. Let's just say what if Trayvon was a Thug with a gun Zimmerman left his safe zone to put his life in danger himself he should still be at fault.
he doenst need an order to get out of his truck. he has the right to walk the streets like anyone. And he was not expressly forbidden. IN any event he was one th ephone with them trying to gte TM"S location to the cops. when he didnt find him he walking back to his truck

7)Lots have made this a Black and White issue but it should have been all about justice.
I agree tho I am still mystified why its a blk/wht issue not ablk on hispanic issue since GZ is 3/4 hispanic.. more hispanic that the prez is black.

8)I even seen most look to label Trayvon as a thug an make it seems he deserve to died and that's sad he was not in the act of any crime and no one was in any danger for Zimmerman to feel he had to confront him.

I agree its sad. TM was a vicitm of a society that produces an entitlement mentality and a thug culture that leads to so many crimes. and encourages young men to dress as thigs ot be cool. its the predictable result.. I am just surpised it took so long tpo happen.

9)Before you look at Trayvon ass a thug for an attack on Zimmerman put yourself in his shoes for a second... if you was being followed by an unknown stranger and confronted you will be ready to defend yourself. Like I said before 2 knew what happened and it's on a one side story now. but back to my logic it's a sick world we live in Trayvon could have thought all bad thoughts about him as Robber , Kid Napper , Rapist. A random stranger walking up to late night raining self defense is gone be main tactic. The best defense is to have an upper hand on an attack maybe he was thinking that.

Good points all around.. though a stated above it seems that the waited for and ambusedh GZ when GZ was on his way back to his truck

10) But anyways people we all need to keep a open mind. All come together as one and stop the racism we are dividing as a country.

Agreed

AND EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR DAY

You too roc!

- Roc

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Last edited by bluez; 07-14-2013 at 06:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
put yourself in Zimmerman's position and tell us what you would have done differently?

now also remember, you and i and most everyone else that's discussing this, has had several months to mull over the facts and think what they might have done or have done differently. Zimmerman made those choices in mere moments, not months.

he notices a person wearing dark clothing out and about with his actions looking suspicious at a late hour of the night, in a neighborhood that has already seen some burglaries in the past few weeks an your on a neighbor hood watch patrol, and have called 911 on your phone and have them on the line. you're attacked or confronted by that person.

that's pretty much what Zimmerman was facing. now put yourself in Zimmerman's shoes and tell us how you would have reacted differently.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #29

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

I know a situation where a fight broke out in a gym over a basketball what had turned into 2 guns fighting that led to several other jumping into the altercation that flipped into a big fight. One guy in fight pulled his carry pistol out his bag and the big fight stopped with no one getting shot.

Just saying sometimes you can resolve a situation by just branding your Firearm.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #30

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

This quote from Bryan Peterson says it all for me...

"If you trusted the justice system to find a man guilty, you must trust it when it finds a man not guilty, or it's just partiality you seek"

Racism was not an issue until the media, the administration, the DOJ, the NAACP and Jackson and Sharpton made it one...

I keep hearing over and over and over..."Had Martin been white and Zimmerman been black, Zimmerman would have been locked up long ago..."

Bull Spit!!!

Tons of incidents involving black on white crime yet none are ever publicized...WHY IS THAT??? Not since OJ...oh yeah, OJ murdered 2 white people, one of whom was a woman...and skated...hypocrisy at it's finest...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Closed Thread