Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16825 Times on 9750 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

several reasons that Zimmerman was found innocent.

first of all, he was on the neighborhood watch group and there had been burglaries in that neighborhood, and Martin's actions may have been suspicious to Zimmerman. and he did call it in and they LE on the way. the phone was still on and 911 dispatch did record it during the scuffle. okay let's address this. had Zimmerman provoked Martin into attacking him an then shot him, a reasonable person could assume that call to 911 would have been after the shooting, not before. if someone is out and about at an odd hour dressed in dark clothing, similiar to what a potential thief might wear, when there have already been a rash of burglaries, wouldn't a reasonable person be inclined to be suspicious? i would be.

it was several weeks before Zimmerman was arrested and the former police chief Bill Lee was terminated or resigned because he felt there wasn't the evidence to support a case of murder and the facts bore out Zimmermans account of the events. there was only an arrest after all the pressure from the media and after Chief Lee was fired or resigned.

this was tragic set of events that left a young man dead, and another man on trial for that death. if Zimmerman has any conscience, this will eat at him for the rest of his life, even if he acted in self defence. a normal person can't take the life of another person, even if that other person was vicious and evil and not have it change their life. i saw that change in friend of mine many years ago. he was a couple years younger than me and had joined the PD in the town i lived in. he had only been with the PD for few years when one night he shot another young man who was intoxicated at a party and had cut another person with a knife and was threatening my friend with the knife when they arrived at the scene. Jimmy told the young man repeatedly to drop the knife, but instead he advanced and my friend shot him three times, killing him. Jimmy was no longer the same person. he was withdrawn and depressed. he began drinking, ended up divorced and then shortly after that he resigned the PD. it was a justified shooting that left one young man dead, and other young man destroyed and destroyed his family in the process.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc

If you believe this guy might attack you first best way to defend yourself is to have an upper hand. Not saying Trayvon was right but Zimmerman could have avoided a situation by staying in his safe zone
You cannot just attack someone because you think he might attack you first. Martin could not have known Zimmerman's intention or motivation for following him.
If I see a car on the side of the road with a flat tire, I offer assistance. Should that driver attack me?
If I see a stranger in the neighborhood, I ask where he's going. Should I be attacked?

No offense and none taken

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You cannot just attack someone because you think he might attack you first. Martin could not have known Zimmerman's intention or motivation for following him.
If I see a car on the side of the road with a flat tire, I offer assistance. Should that driver attack me?
If I see a stranger in the neighborhood, I ask where he's going. Should I be attacked?
exactly. if martin were in such fear for his life from Zimmerman following him, then why didn't he flee the area, or call 911 on his phone instead of his girlfriend? these facts were brought out in trial. any reasonable person who feels their life might be in danger is going to try and get away from the area if possible. Martin didn't do that. he doubled back and attacked Zimmerman according to Zimmerman's statement and what the evidence showed.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #14

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

One statement I wanted to leave out was that I believe if Zimmerman had no gun he would have never confronted Trayvon

If you believe someone is a suspect you got to expect things will possibly go wrong confronting a suspect.

And if you not physically able to defend yourself why confront a stranger who might take you as a threat

Alot of people react without thinking when there scared and feel under pressure.

And you have sick and crazy people in the world that have real issue with there self.

But you should always proceed with caution confronting a stranger

Old 07-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

exactly. if martin were in such fear for his life from Zimmerman following him, then why didn't he flee the area, or call 911 on his phone instead of his girlfriend? these facts were brought out in trial. any reasonable person who feels their life might be in danger is going to try and get away from the area if possible. Martin didn't do that. he doubled back and attacked Zimmerman according to Zimmerman's statement and what the evidence showed.
Some people have to much Pride to run and rather stand around and fight
Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc View Post
One statement I wanted to leave out was that I believe if Zimmerman had no gun he would have never confronted Trayvon
Or more likely Zimmerman would have been killed by the little thug.
One way or another the drug using, illegal gun possessing, little burglar thug had it coming.
If the system hadn't failed him by not already locking him up he would still be alive.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #17

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

Some people have to much Pride to run and rather stand around and fight
That doesn't make it right.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You have nut jobs who can use that as a way to draw you in for an attack. But you also have to look a time of day late nights people are more nervous and cautious

Old 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1Monster View Post

That doesn't make it right.
Never said it was right just keeping a open mind to everything

Old 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

If you believe someone is a suspect you got to expect things will possibly go wrong confronting a suspect.

And if you not physically able to defend yourself why confront a stranger who might take you as a threat

Alot of people react without thinking when there scared and feel under pressure.

And you have sick and crazy people in the world that have real issue with there self.

But you should always proceed with caution confronting a stranger
but are you making the assumption that Zimmerman confronted Martin? because according to Zimmerman's statement, he was going back to his vehicle when he was attacked by Martin. irregardless if Zimmerman confronted Martin and questioned him and Martin attacked him, he would still be in the right to use deadly force to defend his life. and also remember that Zimmerman's phone was still on and connected to the 911 dispatch during the confrontation, attack or scuffle.