Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just my thoughts;
--In college I was told by a professor 'no one was EVER found "innocent" in a trial, they were only found guilty or not guilty.' I totally agree.
--GZ is by no means innocent of all culpability in this crime. I do believe that he is not guilty of murder though.
--I was always taught that the criminal justice system was intended to keep those who did not commit an intended crime out of our prison systems, not necessarily to catch every criminal. I do believe we let a lot of guilty people go, but I would rather that than the 'not guilty' people in the prison system (not that we don't get a few, but I do believe less than many other, stricter, criminal justice systems in the world).
--I think with all of the social media outlets that we get a huge amount of people who hang offenders before they even go to trial.
--Justice is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:10 AM   #162
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19960 Times on 11347 Posts
Likes Given: 50323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheever View Post
Just my thoughts;
--In college I was told by a professor 'no one was EVER found "innocent" in a trial, they were only found guilty or not guilty.' I totally agree.
--GZ is by no means innocent of all culpability in this crime. I do believe that he is not guilty of murder though.
--I was always taught that the criminal justice system was intended to keep those who did not commit an intended crime out of our prison systems, not necessarily to catch every criminal. I do believe we let a lot of guilty people go, but I would rather that than the 'not guilty' people in the prison system (not that we don't get a few, but I do believe less than many other, stricter, criminal justice systems in the world).
--I think with all of the social media outlets that we get a huge amount of people who hang offenders before they even go to trial.
--Justice is in the eyes of the beholder.
just to express my opinion, but IMO, your college professor was an idiot.

if i were sitting in my home watching tv and someone did a home invasion and i shot and killed them in SD, am i innocent or not guilty of murder?

innocent means i was within my rights and did nothing wrong. not guilty can mean a couple of things such as that they felt i was in the right or even that there just wasn't proper evidence to convict. remember they have to convict on beyond a reasonable doubt. so even if a person committed a crime, and were guilty of that crime, but the defence provides reasonable doubt, then by law they can't convict that person of the crime.

sorry, but i see a huge difference in innocent and not guilty. innocent should always be not guilty, but not guilty does not always mean innocent.

GZ did nothing wrong or illegal IMO. he may not have made the wisest choices in that situation, and we can play Monday morning quaterback with his choices ater the fact, and another fact is that he was there and we weren't. but he didn't do anything morally or legally wrong in that situation IMO.

GZ was crucified by the media, TM's family and prosecutor looking to make a name off the case. he should have never stood trial in the first place. the police interviewed his about six times and found no reason to charge him with anything. media and pressure from TM's family pushed for a trial. they got one. then they didn't like the results of that either. they wanted to hang GZ out to dry for their poor parenting skills, instead of admitting that their son was a thug and a gangbanger.
People Like This 
Old 11-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #163

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheever
Just my thoughts;
...and even when found "Not Guilty" they still may get hung by the general public. We try to give the most fair trial and apply the process but unfortunately not all agree with the outcome.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 11-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #164

Axxe;
Have you ever heard an official rulling from a court of "innocent"? I really doubt it. Officially they pronounce "Not Guilty". Innocence is not for them to determine. Only guilt or lack of it.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #165

Quote:
Axxe;
Have you ever heard an official rulling from a court of "innocent"? I really doubt it. Officially they pronounce "Not Guilty". Innocence is not for them to determine. Only guilt or lack of it.
i wasn't refering to the legal aspects or what a court determines, but the comment you refered to made by your college professor.

you might think to pick more intelligent people to associate with. your college professor IMO is an idiot.

i do have some understanding of the legal system. and fully understand guilty or not guilty.
People Like This 
Old 11-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i wasn't refering to the legal aspects or what a court determines, but the comment you refered to made by your college professor. I was.

you might think to pick more intelligent people to associate with. What makes you think I associate with him?
your college professor IMO is an idiot. I disagree

i do have some understanding of the legal system. and fully understand guilty or not guilty. I am not so sure from your vehement response to my post
Something else I think--Innocence is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #167

Quote:
Something else I think--Innocence is in the eyes of the beholder.
you are entitled to your opinions. they are duly noted, but i will choose to diregard them.

have a nice day.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
have a nice day.
I hope you have a nice day as well.

Closed Thread