Open Minded Thoughts - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #151
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That's true. I don't view him as the brightest bulb in a box of potatoes by any means.

There's simply no story here. It looks like his wife got mad, called the cops, and made up a story which she later retracted.

As Axxe mentioned, a divorce is a very hard emotional time on everyone.
another point i will make is this. the Zimmerman's filing for divorce hardly suprises me one bit. i kind of expected it to happen. have heard of it happening many times before, even in justified shootings. just another casualty of his SD shooting. all the emotional stress of the trial claiming another victim. the aftermath of a shooting, even one that is justified, causes many problems for the person, that will affect their lives forever.

Zimmerman, is going to pay for his using lethal force for a long time. finacially, emotionally and in many other ways. his life and actions will under public scrutiny for everything he does right or wrong. the media will pick apart his every move and play it up for all it's worth. his getting stopped for speeding in Texas, now this going on with his pending divorce are just examples of this.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #152
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northeastern,Iowa
Posts: 40
Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
I originally learned of the term "Red Neck" when I was introduced to it in 1980 by above-mentioned friend. I looked it up at the library (remember those???) and found a definition that claimed "Red Neck" originated from the workers in the Texas and Oklahoma oil fields that would come into the local towns to party and re-supply. The locals noticed that all of them were sunburned across the back of their necks. This was due to the workers covering every part of their body for safety sake and only leaving their neck exposed, thereby getting it sunburned. The locals started referring to the oil workers as "Red Necks" and the term was born.

The term is "Roughneck" NOT "Redneck"........I am a "Redneck" who WAS a "Roughneck" in the late 80's and early 90's.
__________________
USMCjtm is offline  
 
Old 09-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #153
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,018
Liked 243 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Zimmerman's wife should be charged with making a bogus 911 call .

No matter how many times you say Zimmerman was told not to follow, it is a lie . No matter how many times you say he continued to follow him, it is a lie .
See links :

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

__________________
Rentacop is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #154
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Zimmerman's wife should be charged with making a bogus 911 call .

No matter how many times you say Zimmerman was told not to follow, it is a lie . No matter how many times you say he continued to follow him, it is a lie .
See links :

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj7qEcD8R-8
even if he was told not to follow, he was under no legal obligation to follow those instructions. and he was on his way back to his vehicle when he was attacked, by Martin from behind. that was pretty much proven by the wounds he recieved from Martin and that was consistent with his statement and the evidence.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #155
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wittmeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The state for Lovers
Posts: 1,097
Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
This trial is about Florida's Stand Your Ground Law, nothing else. Regardless of arguments of ice tea and candy it is about self defense. Under the Florida Law you do not have to retreat from threat. The law does not define how you got into the situation.
To me this trial was about murder or not murder. There was nothing definitive to make this case fall into a single pigeon hole of the justice system. It was unclear enough the prosecution tried several tactics - Stand your ground, racial, concealed carry and several other methods. This is what creates the opportunity to cloud the story by age, size, color of skin, time of event, phone calls, witnesses, private property, candy, both parties life history, and the list goes on.

In all the stories published by the media, GZ was referred to as Mr. Zimmerman - TM was referred to as Trayvon. TM was carrying Skittles which associates TM as a little kid. The pictures used had TM smiling, GZ with a stern look. TM was taller than GZ but GZ out weighed TM.

Each possible category for the crime was used by the prosecution but the could not find a way to make it murder so the plaintiff lost the case. Still angry they shifted their efforts to try to make it a civil case.

There were mistakes made by both parties, but the final outcome was in favor of GZ.

Personally, I still have many questions but we will likely never know the "real" story.
__________________
NRA Member - Over 5,000,000 strong!
Criminals don't discriminate. They will attack anywhere!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
wittmeba is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 11-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #156
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
To me this trial was about murder or not murder. There was nothing definitive to make this case fall into a single pigeon hole of the justice system. It was unclear enough the prosecution tried several tactics - Stand your ground, racial, concealed carry and several other methods. This is what creates the opportunity to cloud the story by age, size, color of skin, time of event, phone calls, witnesses, private property, candy, both parties life history, and the list goes on.

In all the stories published by the media, GZ was referred to as Mr. Zimmerman - TM was referred to as Trayvon. TM was carrying Skittles which associates TM as a little kid. The pictures used had TM smiling, GZ with a stern look. TM was taller than GZ but GZ out weighed TM.

Each possible category for the crime was used by the prosecution but the could not find a way to make it murder so the plaintiff lost the case. Still angry they shifted their efforts to try to make it a civil case.

There were mistakes made by both parties, but the final outcome was in favor of GZ.

Personally, I still have many questions but we will likely never know the "real" story.
the case should have never made it to trial in the first place. the police department and it's chief were pressured into arressting George Zimmerman and bringing charges against him. the media, the government and the Martin family pushed for a trial for justice. then they were still unhappy with the justice that was served.

this case was tried in the media as a racial case and it never was. they painted GZ as racist and poor little TM as a poor defenceless child. the prosecution even withheld vital evidence from the defence ith the course of the trial that showed TM as the the thug he was.

i was really suprised in some ways that GZ recieved the justice he got in light of the circus that trial turned out to be. frankly i'm glad he was found innocent.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
wittmeba Likes This 
Old 11-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #157
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,018
Liked 243 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Axxe :
I fully agree with you . BTW - " Stand Your Ground " was not invoked by the defense during the trial. GZ was lying on the ground and had no opportunity to retreat, so SYG is moot .

CNN originally reported that a neighborhood watch captain had shot a black boy to death who he said looked suspicious . We were left to conclude that a nut had killed a kid merely because he thought he looked suspicious and that the important fact seemed to be the kid's race . No mention was made of GZ's injuries, his cooperation with police, the fact there had been a physical altercation precipitating the shooting . Nothing .

This CNN lynching incitement happened after FOX News had reported the story first and revealed the facts known then .

__________________

Last edited by Rentacop; 11-25-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Rentacop is offline  
Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 11-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #158
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hastings,Nebraska
Posts: 292
Liked 73 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default

"Open Minded" works both ways.

__________________

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

OldManMontgomery is offline  
 
Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #159
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wittmeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The state for Lovers
Posts: 1,097
Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the case should have never made it to trial in the first place. the police department and it's chief were pressured into arressting George Zimmerman and bringing charges against him. the media, the government and the Martin family pushed for a trial for justice. then they were still unhappy with the justice that was served.

this case was tried in the media as a racial case and it never was. they painted GZ as racist and poor little TM as a poor defenceless child. the prosecution even withheld vital evidence from the defence ith the course of the trial that showed TM as the the thug he was.

i was really suprised in some ways that GZ recieved the justice he got in light of the circus that trial turned out to be. frankly i'm glad he was found innocent.
Agreed! And that is why the TM family/prosecution had to try everything else. They hoped the case would land in the "right" bucket but it didn't fit anywhere.

There is no justice that will bring back TM. There isn't and never will be justice in the eyes of the TM family although true justice was served.
__________________
NRA Member - Over 5,000,000 strong!
Criminals don't discriminate. They will attack anywhere!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Last edited by wittmeba; 11-25-2013 at 01:24 AM.
wittmeba is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #160
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,018
Liked 243 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManMontgomery View Post
"Open Minded" works both ways.
I'm not sure what that comment means .

That said, open-mindedness does not require us to take speculation and imagined scenerios as evidence . The evidence against GZ was...well...um...actually, there was no evidence against him . That didn't stop people from believing what they wanted to believe and happily trying to send an innocent man to prison .

Egged on by the media, many racist blacks saw this case as a chance to expose whites or "white-hispanics" as the murdering monsters they are so sure they are . They took years of anger at being viewed suspiciously and avoided by whites and took it out on an innocent man .

They and the many others of all races who joined in the attempted lynching acted like bullies, piling onto one man . There were death threats, marches, beatings of random white or hispanic victims, the firing of the police chief, prosecutorial misconduct and the criminal hiding of exculpatory evidence , media doctoring of the police call recording and much more . Eric Holder tried to literally make a federal case out of it . Oprah Winfrey equated TM to Emmett Till . The President weighed in ( or piled on ), indicating by his words that what mattered was TMs appearance and race .

GZs detractors were anything but open-minded . Wolf Blitzer, after the trial, said GZ shot TM during a " scuffle " but there was no evidence of a scuffle or a " fight ", only evidence corroborating GZs account of being sucker-punched and beaten with fists . Blitzer said GZ was acquitted because the jury " believed " he acted in self-defense . Actually, the jury FOUND he acted in self-defense .
__________________

Last edited by Rentacop; 11-25-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Rentacop is offline  
Rocky7 Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Group to build fortress niehborhood for like minded people downsouth Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 7 01-14-2013 12:37 AM
Annoyed by the closed-minded preppers TacticalPrecision Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 30 03-13-2012 08:01 PM
The search for a decent recession-minded fun and reliable rifle GrumpyPine Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 60 08-27-2010 08:25 PM