Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #131
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I'm a Redneck.

I resent having to press 1 for English

I believe the money I earn should be used to line my pockets and not some politicians.

I don't think it's my responsibility to support some crack addict and her litter of kids.

If you want to rent me a room, sell me a Slurpee, or treat my ailments you should do it in English.

I want to keep my guns until after you disarm or incarcerate all the criminals.

No matter what I think about the idiot in the White House I will always support my country.

I believe illegal immigrants are criminals. The only support they should get is while they are behind bars.

I believe my religious beliefs are none of your #### business.

I believe it is my duty to defend my loved ones.

I believe charity should start at home.

I believe any so-called music that promotes unrest or criminal behavior should be censored

I would much rather have my granddaughter see tasteful love scenes than gratuitous violence in the movies

I believe trash is trash, and skin color doesn't matter

Old 07-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #132

Liked 325 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 922

im proud to see the justice system worked and the jurors did not succumb to political pressure or the one sided media coverage,they used there own judgement and came to a verdict that is not popular but is right.we can not convict people based on what the public believes is right but rather what the laws say are right.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #133
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1702 Times on 942 Posts
Likes Given: 5178

If I had only the chance to hear NBC news (propaganda), I may have developed a "Poor Trayvon" attitude.

Luckily I get my news from several sources, even without the late revelations of injuries and witnesses, it seemed that sides were digging in.

I suppose if we all had the facts early, we would have a different perspective.

If I had an open mind it would have got filled with propaganda and lies.
Since I tried to look at the facts rather than the racial aspect, it is clear that this happens on a regular basis, but seldom get's reported.

But if you DO put in the racial side of it, It is clear that Trayvon was a racist from the testimony and the out of court evidence.

I think it's sad that a group of folks (Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson) are using the to divide our country.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #134
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6679 Times on 4039 Posts
Likes Given: 7940

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I think it's sad that a group of folks (Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson) are using the to divide our country.
That, in itself, is a tragedy, too.
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #135
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Redneck has a more regional definition than general. Around here (upstate NY), its someone with short hair that lives in the boonies.

Wiki says a Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States.[1][2] It is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Georgia and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[3] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).[4][5][6]

By the 2000s, the term had expanded in meaning to refer to bigoted, loutish reactionaries who are opposed to modern ways,[7] and has often been used to attack white Southern conservatives. The term is used broadly to degrade working class and rural whites that are perceived by urban progressives to be insufficiently liberal.[8] At the same time, some Southern whites have reclaimed the word, using it with pride and defiance as a self-identifier.[9
<<snip>>
Webley, would you quit talking in riddles and innuendo? If you have any strong feelings on this just say so!

I originally learned of the term "Red Neck" when I was introduced to it in 1980 by above-mentioned friend. I looked it up at the library (remember those???) and found a definition that claimed "Red Neck" originated from the workers in the Texas and Oklahoma oil fields that would come into the local towns to party and re-supply. The locals noticed that all of them were sunburned across the back of their necks. This was due to the workers covering every part of their body for safety sake and only leaving their neck exposed, thereby getting it sunburned. The locals started referring to the oil workers as "Red Necks" and the term was born.

No racism. Nothing to do with intelligence or where they live. 20 years later its a form of racism.

It was true that the 50's and 60's were rife with racial battles and much of the country had to be educated to racism and why it was wrong, almost the same as women went through with suffrage. Laws were passed to stop racist actions and people have been sued and jailed for racist actions. We should be past the education period, especially in the Communication Age. But here we are, still having riots when a court of law does not rule in favor of public opinion and defining innocent terms like "red neck" as racist. Why can we not move past this educational period into a period of acceptance? It seems like the public has reached a point of maximum acceptance. We will never have 100% integration and acceptance because human nature won't allow it, but shouldn't we all be able to get past the rioting and constant playing of the race card in anything involving an African-American?

To be truthful, I don't like the term African-American. African-American is actually racist because it separates African-Americans from every other American. No other race does this on a regular basis in America. The majority of peoples have been here for several generations - we are ALL Americans! Besides, the Information Age HATES anything cumbersome - "I am on my way." is reduced to THREE LETTERS - OMW! Do you really expect every single person to say or type out seven syllables (Af-ri-can A-mer-i-can) to identify any race? If I can be "white" then any other AMERICAN born and living race should be able to accept a convenient classification of race. Can you imagine if a store clerk saw me shoplifting, called the police and had to say "the 6'4" Engish-Irish-German American did it!"?

Lack of racism means ALL RACISM. No playing of ANY race card for ANY reason, in any scenario. And when an American goes to court, he is judged by Americans based on State law, not a kangaroo-court of public opinion. There are multiple appeals processes for the very reason that a judge or jury can be wrong. We all are Americans and need to use these systems to mitigate injustice. Even if every human we meet is not enlightened, we have to do our part to be part of the solution and not the problem. If we do, we do everything possible to breed an attitude of acceptance.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 07-24-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #136

Liked 2408 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 1891

Hmmmn, That "soda" TM was carrying, and Skittles. Prime ingredients for

LEAN, IIRC?

Did TM actually say on facebook that he wanted

a re-match with a guy, because he "didn't make

him bleed enough last time"

TM was a match fighter, whose autopsy showed

his liver spotted from non prescription drug abuse?

Our poor baby TM. I have to wonder how we'd feel

about him, if he beaten GZ to death.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Just to rehash: Once you assault the "creepy cracker" following you, then start endangering his life by smacking his gourd on the sidewalk, there is the distinct possibility that his patience with you will run out and he will shoot you repeatedly until you are dead. There is nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps next time a bit of verbal jousting with the "creepy cracker" would yield a more mutually satisfying resolution to your "creepy cracker" situation.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #138
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6745 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Open Minded Thoughts
I don't understand how you can't see Zimmerman at fault at all

I'm sorry, but you lost me at your very opening statement. Your mind was made up on Zimmermans guilt long ago. What I say won't change your opinion.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #139
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19581 Times on 11113 Posts
Likes Given: 49291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Open Minded Thoughts
I don't understand how you can't see Zimmerman at fault at all

I'm sorry, but you lost me at your very opening statement. Your mind was made up on Zimmermans guilt long ago. What I say won't change your opinion.
i too think the OP already had his mind made up as well. clearly, if we are thinking in an open minded manner, then things like facts and evidence are what should decide guilt of innocense, and not emotions or viewpoints.
People Like This 
Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5818 Times on 3177 Posts
Likes Given: 11010

Justice is blind, not empathetic.

No offense and none taken

People Like This 
Closed Thread