Open Minded Thoughts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Open Minded Thoughts

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 82 Posts

Default Open Minded Thoughts

I don't understand how you can't see Zimmerman at fault at all

He Profiled

He Followed

He Confronted (with orders not to confront him wait for a peace keeping officer to arrive)

He put matters in his own hands with possibilities of a situation that can go bad. Trayvon had committed no crime to be profiled as a suspect. Only crime that was committed was a shooting death of a teen that started with a bad decision by Zimmerman. But he holds on fault here?

Only 2 know what really happened but most are running with a one side story. It's 2 sides to every story and one don't live to tell it.

Even if Trayvon Attack Zimmerman first Zimmerman never had orders to get out his truck. Once that happened he opened him self up to a bad situation. Let's just say what if Trayvon was a Thug with a gun Zimmerman left his safe zone to put his life in danger himself he should still be at fault.

A Murder Case was a little reaching for the stars by man would have been a litte justice for the bad choices he made leading to a fetal shooting that could have been avoided.

Lots have made this a Black and White issue but it should have been all about justice. I even seen most look to label Trayvon as a thug an make it seems he deserve to died and that's sad he was not in the act of any crime and no one was in any danger for Zimmerman to feel he had to confront him.

Before you look at Trayvon ass a thug for an attack on Zimmerman put yourself in his shoes for a second... if you was being followed by an unknown stranger and confronted you will be ready to defend yourself. Like I said before 2 knew what happened and it's on a one side story now. but back to my logic it's a sick world we live in Trayvon could have thought all bad thoughts about him as Robber , Kid Napper , Rapist. A random stranger walking up to late night raining self defense is gone be main tactic. The best defense is to have an upper hand on an attack maybe he was thinking that.

But anyways people we all need to keep a open mind. All come together as one and stop the racism we are dividing as a country.

I can care less if Zimmerman shot a black kid or an alien I feel his decisions he made was bad and he should a less been punish for them.

Just Shearing my thoughts how I feel please leave all negative comments to yourself.

AND EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR DAY

- Roc

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

I don't think many people like what Zimmerman did. A 911 dispatch cannot give a lawful order just so you know. Zimmerman probably went about it in the wrong way but it is not illegal to approach someone in the street. Regardless of how you "feel" by the letter of the law he did nothing wrong. That's why they didn't charge him initially and why he didn't get convicted.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Would not disagree IF Martin had punched Zimmerman in the face, and got the hell out of there. Or if Martin were on the phone to 911 (instead of his girlfriend)

However, when you are on top of someone, whacking their head against a concrete sidewalk, the claim that you are defending yourself and trying to escape goes away.

I feel that what has stirred up emotions on this (For EVERYONE) has been the conscious efforts by the news media- over and over and over- to put their own slant on things. Things like that cute pic of Martin at the age of 12. Attempting to conceal that physically, he was much larger than Zimmerman (17 yrs old or not). Portraying Martin as an angel- instead of the teen booted from school for drugs, under suspicion for burglary in the LAST neighborhood- which is why he is spending time with his Dad in THIS neighborhood.

The LEGAL question was not did Zimmerman shoot Martin- it was did the State prove that he committed the elements of the crime of murder. Murder is simply NOT killing someone- there are specific legal elements of the crime. It is NOT up to the defense to show he did not, it is up to the State to show he did.

They failed to do that before a jury that was selected by both sides.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #4

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This trial is about Florida's Stand Your Ground Law, nothing else. Regardless of arguments of ice tea and candy it is about self defense. Under the Florida Law you do not have to retreat from threat. The law does not define how you got into the situation.
The Left Wing anti-gun movement is spinning this to challenge the rights of concealed carry. Don't be confused by the issues being used to cloud the real intent of the left.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2548 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

From the view of the law without any emotions involved:

1. Neighborhood watchman sees a person that is not familiar with the neighborhood
2. Person is not a resident of the neighborhood
3. The neighborhood has been experiencing property crimes and it is dark and the subject is wearing dark clothes which is
a normal attire of those who commit crimes.
4. Followed the subject which is not a law violation and is in the normal business of a neighborhood watch person
5. Dispatcher not an officer tells him not to follow the subject. Has no place to make that determination
6. Martin disappears for a period
7. Zimmerman gets out of his vehicle to follow on foot.
8. Confronted by Martin (Who addressed him on the phone a s a freeky Cracker lending to his demeanor and attitude!)
9. Martin punched Zimmerman in the face *First Crime = Battery
10. Martin has Zimmerman on the ground MMA style striking him = Battery & Assault
11. Martin strikes Zimmerman's head on the sidewalk = Possibility of Serious Bodily Injury according to the law
12. Deadly force at this point is justified regardless of the injury not causing death but could. Only legal requirement is for
a reasonable man or women to reasonably believe that they could be subjected to serious bodily injury.
13. Not to mention Martin's past history which was not allowed in court!
14. All the above = a logical verdict of Not Guilty

I spent over 30 years with the law and it was a fair trial. Unfortunately there are those that will try as they did before and during the trial to make it a racial issue when it was not. It was an unfortunate situation at best. Perhaps if Martin would have only talked with Zimmerman and not punched him a broke his nose in the first place. It would have never happened. But I think his true colors were revealed in the Marijuana, Gun and Fighting Pictures on his phone. My heart does go out for the Martin family because it is a terrible thing to lose a child. And also George Zimmerman who will have to live with the taking of a life for the rest of his life. And if our corrupt Government and the NAACP (talk about racists) gets involved what BS he will have to put up with in the future with them!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #6

Liked 2186 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

As a member of a neighborhood watch, even off duty, Zimmerman saw someone out in the rain after midnight. He called to report it. The dispatcher asked for a description, here is where the "profiling" began. NBC edited the tapes and cut out the dispatchers questions, making it sound like Zimmerman did all of the profiling. NBC is getting sued for this.

If you are giving info to a dispatcher and they are routing police to investigate, it is reasonable to try to at least keep some idea of location of the subject, to guide police when they arrive. From earlier interviews Zimmerman indicated that he was then ambushed. We may never know the absolute truth of that. But it lends reasonable doubt to a jury.

As c3 stated, if Martin had confronted Zimmerman and then left, or called the police himself indicating that he was fearful for his own well being, it may lend credibility that Zimmerman was the attacker.

If I have someone following me I don't try to surprise them, I head to safety.

Mistakes were made by both parties and the end result is tragic for both. Zimmerman won't have much of a life after this. Travon is dead and his parents lost a son. This does lend itself as a reminder if the absolute gravity of introducing deadly force in a conflict. There are no take-backs and often no real winner.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 07-14-2013 at 03:44 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7110 Times on 3891 Posts
Likes Given: 14381

Martin's background was not known by Zimmerman at the time of the occurrence so it had no influence on Zimmerman's actions.

Last edited by MisterMcCool; 07-14-2013 at 04:08 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
From the view of the law without any emotions involved:

1. Neighborhood watchman sees a person that is not familiar with the neighborhood
2. Person is not a resident of the neighborhood
3. The neighborhood has been experiencing property crimes and it is dark and the subject is wearing dark clothes which is
a normal attire of those who commit crimes.
4. Followed the subject which is not a law violation and is in the normal business of a neighborhood watch person
5. Dispatcher not an officer tells him not to follow the subject. Has no place to make that determination
6. Martin disappears for a period
7. Zimmerman gets out of his vehicle to follow on foot.
8. Confronted by Martin (Who addressed him on the phone a s a freeky Cracker lending to his demeanor and attitude!)
9. Martin punched Zimmerman in the face *First Crime = Battery
10. Martin has Zimmerman on the ground MMA style striking him = Battery & Assault
11. Martin strikes Zimmerman's head on the sidewalk = Possibility of Serious Bodily Injury according to the law
12. Deadly force at this point is justified regardless of the injury not causing death but could. Only legal requirement is for
a reasonable man or women to reasonably believe that they could be subjected to serious bodily injury.
13. Not to mention Martin's past history which was not allowed in court!
14. All the above = a logical verdict of Not Guilty

I spent over 30 years with the law and it was a fair trial. Unfortunately there are those that will try as they did before and during the trial to make it a racial issue when it was not. It was an unfortunate situation at best. Perhaps if Martin would have only talked with Zimmerman and not punched him a broke his nose in the first place. It would have never happened. But I think his true colors were revealed in the Marijuana, Gun and Fighting Pictures on his phone. My heart does go out for the Martin family because it is a terrible thing to lose a child. And also George Zimmerman who will have to live with the taking of a life for the rest of his life. And if our corrupt Government and the NAACP (talk about racists) gets involved what BS he will have to put up with in the future with them!

It's Two sides to every story and we can only hear one side what that being said that might not be the whole truth

Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7110 Times on 3891 Posts
Likes Given: 14381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_General_Roc

It's Two sides to every story and we can only hear one side what that being said that might not be the whole truth
It is impossible to hear Martin's point of view. We can only speculate.
He was returning to his father's home and noticed someone following him. He attacked the man.
You cannot attack someone for following you.
People Like This 
Old 07-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post

It is impossible to hear Martin's point of view. We can only speculate.
He was returning to his father's home and noticed someone following him. He attacked the man.
You cannot attack someone for following you.
If you believe this guy might attack you first best way to defend yourself is to have an upper hand. Not saying Trayvon was right but Zimmerman could have avoided a situation by staying in his safe zone

Closed Thread