Military history of your family? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History >

Military history of your family?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My moms dad, I know he served, not sure what branch or anything. Buried on my 6th birthday. All my great uncles served army in WWII, my great aunt did too made it to col. They are all gone now. My grandfather served in the Korean war, that's all I know, that's all he will say. My dad served in the air force in Vietnam, his overseas orders got canceled a week before he was to ship, as he told me. My family is very vague on the subject.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #52

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Both sets of my grandparents came from Europe. Both of my grandfathers enlisted in The World War (WW1) to become US citizens. Unfortunately, they both passed before I was born so I couldn't hear any stories. I do have a Purple Heart and all the pictures that go with it all with the original frames and the original glass. They are proudly displayed at my house.

Tim

Old 04-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #53

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood
My great grandfather served in the Battle of Bryansk. He is a Russian tank Sergeant, he was later wounded and attempted to make the next revolutionary rifle for the Soviet military, although he was beaten his first time by Mr. Simonov he tried again and made the AK-47. His name is Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Spetsnaz for Life
You're kidding me, right KB? It makes sense, given your name here, but I never thought.... You're seriously both related to the father of the AK platform AND ex-Spetsnaz? Jesus, I want to shake your hand, if you are ever in the St. Louis area drop me a line and I'll buy you some drinks, I'm sure you have some great stories to tell.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #54

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

My father was an aircraft mechanic in the USAF for 8 years, then civil service until retirement. Come to think of it, I don't know much about my family history period, much less their military careers. Something I may have to look in to one day.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #55

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Yes sir I am. Thank you very much I may have to take you up on that offer.

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #56

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I am not kidding you by any shape, means or form.

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_

You're kidding me, right KB? It makes sense, given your name here, but I never thought.... You're seriously both related to the father of the AK platform AND ex-Spetsnaz? Jesus, I want to shake your hand, if you are ever in the St. Louis area drop me a line and I'll buy you some drinks, I'm sure you have some great stories to tell.
Heck, if your buying the drinks... I fought beside George Washington during the Vietnam war. carrying nothing but a sling shot and all before I was born in 1983. You just cant tell because my avatar and name don't mention either one.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #58

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

UrbanNinja why is it you are going to mock one mans offer to a retired soldier?

Spetsnaz for Life

Old 04-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #59

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood
UrbanNinja why is it you are going to mock one mans offer to a retired soldier?

Spetsnaz for Life
Nobody is mocking anyone. But if I can come up with some "good stories" for free drinks, I'm all for it.

Why is it that ny time someone replies any thread you post in, you always think someone is making a hateful or "mocking" reference involving you? Guilty conscience? Is your own bulls!t taking its toll on your brain?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #60

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I'm not bull****ting anyone. You assume that everyone is telling a good story, why not take a mans word for it and walk away? Who are you to tell me I'm lying after the fact you have no idea who I am or what I have done?

Spetsnaz for Life