Great Movie / T.V. Firearm Scenes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Great Movie / T.V. Firearm Scenes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

1) The scene in " Bound " in which Caesar is held at gunpoint by Violet . Caesar calmly explains to her how he knows she won't shoot him . Then she does .
2) The scene in " Get Shorty " where John Travolta finds himself in bed with a woman as someone breaks into the house . He asks, " Do you have a gun ? "
She whispers, " No " .
Travolta clarifies, " Any gun will do . "
I bet the anti-gun nuts loved that scene !

3) The scene where Indiana Jones faces a man waving a large edged weapon and simply shoots him .

4) " Enemy At the Gates " : The very beginning in which the boy rifleman misses the wolf and exclaims, " I am sorry, Grandfather ! "

5) Some of the sniper work in " Gallipoli " .

6) " Cold Mountain " : The hero, a confederate soldier, points a gun at a startled man who pleads, " Don't kill me ! I'm a man of God ! " , to which the hero replies, " I have killed many such men recently. "

7) " High Noon " : When Katy Jurado's character tells Amy, " If he were my man, I would get a gun and I would fight for him " . The anti-gun zealots must love that scene !

8) " The Odd Angry Shot ", the scene in which Australian troops pick their way carefully along a trail in Vietnam and one remarks, " You know, you could get shot doing this " .

9) The ( probably fictional ) scene in " Serpico " where a fellow cop threatens Serpico with a knife and Serpico draws his unauthorized Browning High-Power and points it at the guys face .

10) Comedy : The Pink Panther movie in which Dreyfuss tries to light his cigaret with his fake gun type lighter and finds that his clumsy subordinate has absent-mindedly switched it for his real gun .

Last edited by Rentacop; 03-28-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #12

Liked 1880 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

The scene in 'Fail Safe' where the bomber crew decide to fly down to the altitude over Moscow that would detonate the bomb. (What? Too soon? Doesn't count as a gunfight?)

The scene in 'Dr. Strangelove' where Group Capt. Mandrake (Peter Sellers) orders/requests Capt. Bat Guano (Keenan Wynn) to shoot the lock off the soda machine and Capt. Bat Guano says, "You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company".

Actually, I like the scene between Eastwood & Van Cleef where Van Cleef keeps shooting Eastwood's hat down the street until he misses, and then Eastwood shoots Van Cleef's hat off from that distance. Next scene, them having drinks in the saloon discussing how to split the reward money.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #13

Liked 2765 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

The bath scene in the good the bad and the ugly. "when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk".

Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 AM   #14
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Offhand, two of my favorites:

The Matrix: The lobby scene where Trinity and Neo shoot their way

into a high security building.

The Outlaw Josey Wales: When Josey pulls a Road-Agent-Switch with

the two Dragoons at the general store where he rescues the squaw,

Little Moonlight.
this is also one of my favorite movie scenes;

Are those dragoons or walkers, I thought they were walkers but now I have to rewatch to see. I have tried that move with my unloaded 1860 colt army and also with my 1851 colt navy replicas. Both are 2 pounds lighter than a walker, I am not sure what a dragoon weighs. I can do it with my right hand but to spin and cock and fire would take at least 1.5 and probably 2 seconds for me so I would have been dead. I can barely do it with my left hand and the pistol usually ends up hanging from my finger on that hand.

One of my favorites is in 'Rio Bravo" Ricky Nelsons character asks John Wayne's character " Do you always carry that carbine cocked?" John Wayne replies " I have found some are faster than me with a short gun".

Not so much gun related but one of my favorite movie quotes is from Rio Lobo. When the girl snuggles up to the John Wayne character on a cold night in the desert while he is sleeping and in the morning when he wakes up and she is there she says it was because he "comfortable"
Old 03-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #15

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

They were probably Walkers. IMO, they look something like Colt Dragoons,

maybe the army or navy pistols, so I called them that, but I'm certainly

no expert. Nor do I have a link to establish my in-expertise. I didn't even sleep at a

Holiday Inn Business Express Platinum Naomi Cole Mint-on-the-eye-pillow

Supreme Deluxe Suite last nite. (crashed on the couch) Sorry...

It takes a little practice, but you can actually do that switch with any

full size pistol. I did it with my 1911. Be sure you practice somewhere with a

unloaded gun and a padded floor, or with a rubber duck.

Last edited by therewolf; 03-31-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 508 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 167

The gunfight at the jailhouse in " Appaloosa " , Viggo Mortenson remarks to Ed Harris that the fight did not take long, whereas Ed Harris replies,, " Everyone could shoot "

Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #17
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
They were probably Walkers. IMO, they look something like Colt Dragoons,

maybe the army or navy pistols, so I called them that, but I'm certainly

no expert. Nor do I have a link to establish my in-expertise. I didn't even sleep at a

Holiday Inn Business Express Platinum Naomi Cole Mint-on-the-eye-pillow

Supreme Deluxe Suite last nite. (crashed on the couch) Sorry...

It takes a little practice, but you can actually do that switch with any

full size pistol. I did it with my 1911. Be sure you practice somewhere with a

unloaded gun and a padded floor, or with a rubber duck.
My expertise isn't any better than yours, could easily be dragoons. Not an army or navy though I have replicas of both of those. In the movie he carried an 1860 army in his belt under the buckle ( he killed the bounty hunter towards the end with it) and in a shoulder holster he carried an 1851 navy although I think it was cut down. He used this on "lige" in the woods towards the beginning of the movie.

I can do that switch with my right hand but not with my left and nowhere nearly as fast as it happens in the movie, and that is with an 1860 army that weighs 2 pounds less than a walker. It would be much faster with a double action semi-auto.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #18
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
The gunfight at the jailhouse in " Appaloosa " , Viggo Mortenson remarks to Ed Harris that the fight did not take long, whereas Ed Harris replies,, " Everyone could shoot "
Very good movie, even better book. The 3 follow up books are very good also.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #19
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Eastwood in the Second "Dirty Harry Movie"(the Enforcer) where he hits one of the Fake Terrs with one round from the the 29 and the hood rolls down the Alcatraz hillside and stops dead short of the waterline, and final Scene where he uses the "Laws" rocket to know out the last standing( Maxwell) hood by blowing him out of the watchtower...

Eastwood Again in Heartbreak Ridge, just after the landing in Grenada, where he encircles the Cuban recon team while the rest of his platoon pushes them towards him and he pops up out of nowhere in the scrub to let a mag. Loose taking them all out, and takes the Cigar from one of the deceased Cubans...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6607 Times on 3681 Posts
Likes Given: 6264

I loved the scene in the "Jesse Stone" movie where Tom Sellect shoots the Russian mafia hit man, then kicks the MP-5 away from him, and as he walks out the door, he looks back the mortally wounded guy and says:
"I don't think you're gonna make it Boris."

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill