A good air crash web site
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > A good air crash web site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2021 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default A good air crash web site

60 years ago this Oct. my fathers C-54 crashed in the Arctic Circle in Greenland.
While looking for any info on it, I came across this site:

www.Accident-Report.com

Through the FIA act, this guy has compiled an amazing database of military aircraft crashes.
It is a private site. They make their money by selling you the entire report, and photos, if available.
Somewhere my sister has photos of dads crash. All survived on the ice overnight untill being rescued the next day.
If you, or a relative was involved in an air crash, check it out.
I'm going to order my fathers report.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #2

Many years ago, while stationed at Ft. Wainwright, we received our new GPS...our SP went to the Alaska Air Museum and purchased a book on Alaska and lend lease crashes...we used the GPS to practice flights to the spots identified...amazing to see remnants of WWII crashes..plus all the junk age around Eielson!

Old 09-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #3

Liked 2021 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuldagapflieger View Post
Many years ago, while stationed at Ft. Wainwright, we received our new GPS...our SP went to the Alaska Air Museum and purchased a book on Alaska and lend lease crashes...we used the GPS to practice flights to the spots identified...amazing to see remnants of WWII crashes..plus all the junk age around Eielson!
Here's another you may be interested in. Lots of photos.

www.aviationarchaeology.com