Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   History (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f108/)
-   -   Ghosts of a Mosin (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f108/ghosts-mosin-77189/)

jon1992d 11-27-2012 03:27 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else look at there Mosin Nagant amd feel a little eire? Dont get me wrong I love the gun, but sometimes when im shooting or working on it I cant help think what its previous owners have seen. Probably some kid my age scared outta his mind about whats happening. That gun has been on the ends of life and death. How about you guys? Anyone else think about that when they see their Mosin?

nitestalker 11-27-2012 03:52 AM

Did you ever think you are on the wrong forum? If you feel guilt about owning a firearm you need to rethink your hobby. Oliver Winchesters daughter had those feelings. She spent his fortune building a complicated home to escape those very ghost.:(

Gizord1 11-27-2012 03:58 AM

I have a few firearms with military pasts. A lot of them are surplus, so they never saw combat, but some old military firearms, like Arisakas, Kar98s, Lugers, etc., came from dead enemy soldiers, or off I battlefields. I have held, and even almost bought, firearms that I knew came from dead men. It is an eerie feeling, but also a feeling of history.

vincent 11-27-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d (Post 1028741)
Is it just me or does anyone else look at there Mosin Nagant amd feel a little eire? Dont get me wrong I love the gun, but sometimes when im shooting or working on it I cant help think what its previous owners have seen. Probably some kid my age scared outta his mind about whats happening. That gun has been on the ends of life and death. How about you guys? Anyone else think about that when they see their Mosin?

Yep, that's the cool factor Mosin owners talk about...

Word is not every Mosin saw the battlefield but 99% of them were in fact issued to someone, somewhere, sometime...It's fun to think about...:cool:

jon1992d 11-27-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker
Did you ever think you are on the wrong forum? If you feel guilt about owning a firearm you need to rethink your hobby. Oliver Winchesters daughter had those feelings. She spent his fortune building a complicated home to escape those very ghost.:(

I feel no guilt what so ever. I undestand that its the person that holds the gun that kills and thats its a big part of history. I take pride in the fact that im preserving history by owning the gun and maintaining it. I just think about what the gun through. In a way I feel that im paying respect the the dead soldiers that used that gun everytime I shoot it. I didnt mean my post to mean,anything negative about it :)

Mosin 11-27-2012 01:45 PM

Whoa! You had me scared for a second! I had to check my own pulse!

Mosin 11-27-2012 01:46 PM

My Mosin killed a **** ton of Germans... at least I hope it did.

winds-of-change 11-27-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1028770)

I think you misunderstood the OP. I feel he has a very valid point.

twobilly 11-27-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d (Post 1028741)

I own several fire arms from WWII and everytime I take them out I wonder
If only they could talk what stories they could tell.

trip286 11-27-2012 02:00 PM

I tried to buy a Ruger Blackhawk .44 mag for really cheap, $200 asking price. Only had one shot fired through it, other than factory testing. That one shot was for a young man to kill himself.

Alas, someone beat me to it. If I'd only had the money in my pocket instead of having to go to that ATM...