First Use Of Biological Warfare In America - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > First Use Of Biological Warfare In America

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Heck that is actually pretty mild compared to how the Gauls treated captured Romans. But it is on a par with what Kipling described for the wounded British soldier in Afghanistan when night fell and the women came out with their knives. Face it the English were invaders. Of course there would be guerrilla actions. Actions precisely designed to repulse, horrify and hopefully demoralize those who learned of them. You can't call it depraved if it doesn't violate local religion or custom. The captured English were no doubt treated more less the same as any captured invader would be. It is only depraved if those doing it are professing to be Christians at the time. If they aren't, then if you are Christian, while it might be depraved for you to do it as a Christian, those lacking that set of rules call it standard treatment.

Yes, all mail, journals, diaries, whatever, from any of the colonists were considered by the Virginia Company to be Company property and many simply disappeared into wherever the Company put them least something passed on be critical of the situation. Remember also the Crown was subsidizing the Company and no doubt wanting accounts, so releasing this or that memo form Smith or other people was only good business sense.

If you have something specific you think I made up, could you point it out? I have included a few online cites and authors as references, but if you have something specific you believe I invented not found in those cites, then I would appreciate knowing it so I can find you a cite.

Last edited by superc; 09-07-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #12

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by superc View Post
...Of course there would be guerrilla actions. Actions precisely designed to repulse, horrify and hopefully demoralize those who learned of them. You can't call it depraved if it doesn't violate local religion or custom. The captured English were no doubt treated more less the same as any captured invader would be. It is only depraved if those doing it are professing to be Christians at the time. If they aren't, then if you are Christian, while it might be depraved for you to do it as a Christian, those lacking that set of rules call it standard treatment...
Dude, relative moralism to defend savage brutality? Christianity!? What, there's no naturally intuitive right or wrong, no civilization, no Enlightenment, no Golden Rule reach you out there yet!?!?

Nothing personal but your argument is also rather depraved. In such a world slavery is just a "peculiar institution," the Holocaust was just a government program, Reeducation Camps and The Killing Fields were just Pass/Fail Graduate School, 9/11 was just another day, torturing people to death is just another "enhanced interogation," there's no such thing as a war crime...

I don't know what you read but I'm not buying that either.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 09-07-2012 at 12:36 PM.
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #13

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Hock very good post. These blame the Anglos for every ill is an old and tiresome story. The first Nations engaged in slavary, cannabelism,genocide and every vise known in Europe as well. The larger tribes hunted smaller tribes for slaves as well as food sources in some cases. There were many tribes of the First Nations that joined the Euros for protection. Dropping gossip linking our founders to child molesting is over the top.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #14

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

She was 10, he was 27. Fact, not gossip. If you want to believe in the Disney romance version, that's fine but please keep the actual fact of their ages in mind.

Last edited by superc; 09-07-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: words

Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #15

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I don't want to take the time to read it, but I know from the examples that I saw that Super is right, and I am oh-so-happy to have seen somebody else talking about stuff like this.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

superc Likes This 
Old 09-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #16

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Primitive tribes around the world were using poison to kill enemies and harvest game. The use of poison tipped arrows and blow gun darts were being used in North America before the Euros arrived.

The digs in Southern Utah has provided piles of bones proving that enemy tribes were eaten by the Fremont people. The Fremont Nation hunted and captured other tribal people for food.