Civil War History In your family - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Civil War History In your family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5931 Times on 3355 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Its not over. The results of the Civil War are still painfully present today. The Civil War saw the end of America as our founding fathers saw it. State Rights were destroyed as a result of the war, and is one of the reasons we the oversized glutton of a government we have today.

So what's your solution?? Fight another civil war??

Winston Churchill

Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #22

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

My family fought in the Union and Confederacy.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
So what's your solution?? Fight another civil war??
If peaceful means do not work, another war may be what it takes to return America to the way it was meant to be, the way the Founding Fathers wanted it to be. Rights are one of the very few things actually worth dying over.

I'm not saying I want another Civil War, because that is something I never want to see happen. But that IS the path we're heading on right now. The Feds violate the Constitution more with each passing year, and people are getting tired of it.

What's your solution? Just accept the evaporation of our rights?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-31-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Its not over. The results of the Civil War are still painfully present today. The Civil War saw the end of America as our founding fathers saw it. State Rights were destroyed as a result of the war, and is one of the reasons we have the oversized glutton of a government we have today.

image-2203461027.jpg

States rights?

Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #25

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

For as long as I can remember(I'm only 33, still very young lol) I've always been told that we(my mothers side) are related to Gen Lee..
I've been lurking over the other Civil War thread and been thinking of digging into this.. My aunt will be here from TX next week and she is a family history buff.. Gonna see what I can find out..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If peaceful means do not work, another war may be what it takes to return America to the way it was meant to be, the way the Founding Fathers wanted it to be. Rights are one of the very few things actually worth dying over.

I'm not saying I want another Civil War, because that is something I never want to see happen. But that IS the path we're heading on right now. The Feds violate the Constitution more with each passing year, and people are getting tired of it.

What's your solution? Just accept the evaporation of our rights?

Of course I'm only 69 years old, so I'm still young. But I haven't lost any rights yet. if I ever do, I'll get back to you!

Winston Churchill
Chainfire Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #27

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

C:\Users\driggan3\Desktop\GENEALOGY\Francis Riggan Jr pension.mht

Old 06-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #28

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

my 4th greatgrandfather rev-war.jpg

Old 06-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
[/B]

Of course I'm only 69 years old, so I'm still young. But I haven't lost any rights yet. if I ever do, I'll get back to you!
I guess you don't consider restricting certain FREE people from owning a gun, requiring you to have a license if you want to sell guns, restricting handgun sales over state lines, and banning mail order gun sales unless they go through an FFL (GCA of 68') a loss of rights.

How about the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act which banned the import, and manufacture of armor piercing bullets?

And the banning of all machine guns made after, or not registered by May 19, 1986, effectively making it extremely difficult for people without a lot of time and money from getting one.

What about the Crime Control Act which created "gun free" zones, and Outlawed the assembly of illegal semiautomatic rifles or shotguns from legally imported parts?

There's also the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act which required a 5 day waiting period on handguns. Luckily, that ended when NICS was created.

The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act banned "assault weapons", but luckily had a sunset clause. it still lasted 10 years. it also prohibited juveniles from possessing a handgun.

What about the Patriot act which allows wire tapping and surveillance without a warrant?

The NDAA allows the Feds to arrest someone, and hold them indefinitely. Denying them legal council, and denying them their right to a fair trail.

The Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011 bans protest anywhere where secret service are present.

You haven't lost any rights? Your either in denial, or just don't care about your rights.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 06-02-2013 at 07:25 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

And yet I still have all of my guns. and get more every year. All my ammo and reloading tools, scopes etc. I still go where ever I want to go, do what ever I choose to do. I never get hassled by anyone.

I respect other people and the government doesn't bother me.

Winston Churchill