Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Auschwitz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Thanks for sharing these photos shag nasty just seeing them makes me want to go see it the pic with the shoes gave me chills

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #12

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396
Thanks for sharing these photos shag nasty just seeing them makes me want to go see it the pic with the shoes gave me chills
Oh it's my pleasure. Some of the stuff they have on display and let you go through will give you some of the most sickening feelings ever but it's such a good experience at the same time. Like walking through the gas chamber (which I was surprised we were allowed to do) they turned off all electronics and asked us to be quiet as we made a loop from that to where the furnaces were. Most chilling feeling ever. If anyone gets the chance to go or offered a chance to go in the Kraków area, take it as it is only an hour bus ride and well worth it

Old 07-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #13
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1616 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Default One of the best responses to the holocaust I've heard.

One of the best responses to the holocaust I've heard is this story about Dolly Parton.

Not having received the benefit of thorough education in the back hills of Tennessee, she didn’t know much about a lot of things, including WWII. After she had some of her early success, she took a trip to Europe. She went on a tour of one of the concentration camps. When the tour guide explained what it was that happened there, her response was; “YOU DID WHAT!?”, and she took the next train out of Germany.

Last edited by Vincine; 07-15-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #14

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

We were actually told a story by our guide while at Auschwitz 2, which was the larger of the camps, that I believe he said Mengele's son came to visit 45 years after the war and recognized his dad in a picture selecting the people and had no idea he was part of it, yet alone that famous for it

Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #15
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1777 Times on 1013 Posts
Likes Given: 3557

When stationed in Germany, got to see Dachu in 2004 and in 2007 went to Buchenwald in the former East Germany.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396
The collection of shoes is what brought most of my students to tears.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

I read the story that Glenn Beck put up on his site after his visit last year, he had several pictures also... The feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach is indescribable, I can't imagine being there.

Assuming I have the opportunity, I am going to France for the 75th anniversary of the Normandy landings. I'll make it a point to get to one of the camps.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default The cost of war......

Adolf Hitler paid for his military and suplies through the jews, what ever he could steal, and forced labor fed the German war Machine.....Till this day there are people that swear that the irradication never occured........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8439 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

A good friend (Dale) and his wife were semi-retired, ran a local used book shop. Very laid back kind of man, usually stopped in to have a cup of coffee and a cigarette with him, BS for a while.

As I was walking up to the shop on afternoon, door flew open, young man came (literally) flying out, followed by Dale- who was livid, "Get out of my shop. I don't want your business, and I do not need your business. If you ever set foot here again I will KICK YOUR ASS!" Subject was up, scrambling, and running.

Asked Dale what in the world was going on- was he OK? Still red in the face, he told me that the youngster had come in the shop, and started to berate him for having a few books about the Holocaust- it never happened, it was all a fake, etc etc etc.

Told Dale- look, there are always an idiot or 2 around that thinks they no what no one else does. Dale- a WW 2 combat medic- said "Yeah. I know. But I know what I know- and I was there at Buchenwald when General George Patton was puking on his boots."

(report was that conditions at Buchenwald were so bad right after liberation that Gen. Patton vomited at the sights and smells)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Now that I.....

Can believe, along with every other man in the unit......I just love to watch the films of the German citizens having to go thru the camps and seeing what they have done and to remove and bury the dead.......We should have removed the German race from the face of the earth......Along with the Japs........How many did Stalin kill and blame on the germans..........10 million ???????????

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........