Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > History > Absent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Absent

Well, to the few friends that noticed my absence, thank you, the last few years have been kinda hellish! My wife went through cancer, thank God she's doing better & cancer free now. This year I've been diagnosed with a herniated disc & 4 more bulging discs all in order, my complete Lumbar region is degenerating but I still take it to work daily! I appreciate the enquirie. Thanks to all in the club, hoping to get back on & start talking guns! Have a great day ladies & gentlemen!

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2132 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Hatchet,

So glad to hear your wife is cancer free and in remission! I have lived through this three times. Once with my sister and twice with my niece when her pregnancy's turned into a molar cancer. So I am so glad to here of you and your wife's prognosis "Thanks to God!" In addition you got my prayers for the back. Good to hear from you and looking forward to seeing your threads and posts.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #3

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I dont know you but i know people who have gone through cancer. Praise God she is better, and praying for your recovery as well

Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Take care of the back.
I am in the same situation.
Had a couple fused together, but still on pain meds.

Doc sez use hot and cold compresses, get massages, stay away from sports cars.

I was looking at disability, but luckily, I found another job, changed mattresses (stay away from this "memory foam").

Doing much better.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Take care of the back.
I am in the same situation.
Had a couple fused together, but still on pain meds.

Doc sez use hot and cold compresses, get massages, stay away from sports cars.

I was looking at disability, but luckily, I found another job, changed mattresses (stay away from this "memory foam").

Doing much better.
Thanks, the nerve damage is the painful part. I hate taking pain meds but some days I have no choice. I'm looking at changing jobs myself which I hate because I love my job. Matresses do kill your back but most of mine is from a 32 ft. Fall onto a bar, it fractured 2 vertebrae, & I was turned away at the hospital for not having insurance. 14 yrs later, I'm finally getting it taken care of. Hoping not to have surgery but it may be inevitable. Thank you greatly once again.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

Old 06-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7894

Welcome back, Hatchet. We were newbies together here back in 2010. Good news about your wife. I wish you some pain free days real soon.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Welcome back, Hatchet. We were newbies together here back in 2010. Good news about your wife. I wish you some pain free days real soon.
Thank you sir, I wish everyone here the best! I couldn't ask for any better friends on here! Glad to be back! Again , Thanks WOC!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet8 View Post
Well, to the few friends that noticed my absence, thank you, the last few years have been kinda hellish! My wife went through cancer, thank God she's doing better & cancer free now. This year I've been diagnosed with a herniated disc & 4 more bulging discs all in order, my complete Lumbar region is degenerating but I still take it to work daily! I appreciate the enquirie. Thanks to all in the club, hoping to get back on & start talking guns! Have a great day ladies & gentlemen!
Nice to have you back. Great news regarding wife's status. I can't say I know the pain you're in but I have four herniated discs myself with some arthritis forming at bottom of spine. But strangely enough Tramadal, an opiate, is a great none-addictive pain-killer I get from the VA hospital. Without it I cannot work daily at job nor play basketball from time to time.
Welcome back and good luck to you!