Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   History (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f108/)
-   -   Absent (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f108/absent-65592/)

Hatchet8 06-01-2012 03:11 PM

Absent

Well, to the few friends that noticed my absence, thank you, the last few years have been kinda hellish! My wife went through cancer, thank God she's doing better & cancer free now. This year I've been diagnosed with a herniated disc & 4 more bulging discs all in order, my complete Lumbar region is degenerating but I still take it to work daily! I appreciate the enquirie. Thanks to all in the club, hoping to get back on & start talking guns! Have a great day ladies & gentlemen!

Sniper03 06-01-2012 03:22 PM

Hatchet,

So glad to hear your wife is cancer free and in remission! I have lived through this three times. Once with my sister and twice with my niece when her pregnancy's turned into a molar cancer. So I am so glad to here of you and your wife's prognosis "Thanks to God!" In addition you got my prayers for the back. Good to hear from you and looking forward to seeing your threads and posts. :)

ineverFTF 06-02-2012 12:07 AM

I dont know you but i know people who have gone through cancer. Praise God she is better, and praying for your recovery as well

danf_fl 06-02-2012 08:39 AM

Take care of the back.
I am in the same situation.
Had a couple fused together, but still on pain meds.

Doc sez use hot and cold compresses, get massages, stay away from sports cars.

I was looking at disability, but luckily, I found another job, changed mattresses (stay away from this "memory foam").

Doing much better.

Hatchet8 06-02-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Take care of the back.
I am in the same situation.
Had a couple fused together, but still on pain meds.

Doc sez use hot and cold compresses, get massages, stay away from sports cars.

I was looking at disability, but luckily, I found another job, changed mattresses (stay away from this "memory foam").

Doing much better.

Thanks, the nerve damage is the painful part. I hate taking pain meds but some days I have no choice. I'm looking at changing jobs myself which I hate because I love my job. Matresses do kill your back but most of mine is from a 32 ft. Fall onto a bar, it fractured 2 vertebrae, & I was turned away at the hospital for not having insurance. 14 yrs later, I'm finally getting it taken care of. Hoping not to have surgery but it may be inevitable. Thank you greatly once again.

winds-of-change 06-02-2012 04:47 PM

Welcome back, Hatchet. We were newbies together here back in 2010. Good news about your wife. I wish you some pain free days real soon.

Hatchet8 06-03-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Welcome back, Hatchet. We were newbies together here back in 2010. Good news about your wife. I wish you some pain free days real soon.

Thank you sir, I wish everyone here the best! I couldn't ask for any better friends on here! Glad to be back! Again , Thanks WOC!

PanBaccha 06-03-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatchet8 (Post 821532)
Well, to the few friends that noticed my absence, thank you, the last few years have been kinda hellish! My wife went through cancer, thank God she's doing better & cancer free now. This year I've been diagnosed with a herniated disc & 4 more bulging discs all in order, my complete Lumbar region is degenerating but I still take it to work daily! I appreciate the enquirie. Thanks to all in the club, hoping to get back on & start talking guns! Have a great day ladies & gentlemen!

Nice to have you back. Great news regarding wife's status. I can't say I know the pain you're in but I have four herniated discs myself with some arthritis forming at bottom of spine. But strangely enough Tramadal, an opiate, is a great none-addictive pain-killer I get from the VA hospital. Without it I cannot work daily at job nor play basketball from time to time.
Welcome back and good luck to you!