What with the Zombie Apocalypse?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > What with the Zombie Apocalypse?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Went to a gun show today and stood toe-to-toe with a huge assortment of zombie related death tools. At one table a guy was selling shovel handles with spikes, mace's, etc etc.. Now I've seen and heard about a lot of zombie tv shows and movies recently, but for someone "NOT" in the know, what is the zombie apocalypse stuff about??? Survivalist stuff???

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 12-04-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Simple answer

The zombies are we the people ! And a way for people to prepare for a disaster. Now imagine if the government comes out and says we plan on killing people for being upset for a attack on our constitution.

This year on Halloween the government had ZOMBIE TRAINING

Well what I am prepared for is what ever happen "hurricane, Earth quake, riots, home invader, and a SHTF situation " I guess ZOMBIES fall under SHTF LOL

Now some people well they are just that some people and will always be some people and if we did have a ZOMBIE OUTBREAK well they would be like the guy in the zombieland movie laying dead in his hummer with a back seat full of guns ! Just because you have them doesn't mean you know how to use them

Here is the link to zombie training article http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120917/TSJ01/309170011/Military-Government-Train-Using-Zombie-Crisis-Scenario

Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

This ZOMBIE stuff is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen related to firearms! It's all sort of juvenile IMHO! Lol

Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #4

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

It's just referring to any type of disaster situation. People just say zombies because if your ready for zombies your ready for anything.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #5

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

The zombie stuff is just to bring in more sales. With the way Obama has his been helping all these businesses shut their doors everyone needs extra sales.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

One way of thinking is "Zombies" are literally the walking dead. Infected people returned from the dead.
Another way of thinking is "Zombies" are lawless people capable of mayhem, lacking any sort of human qualities. Two legged wolves that kill, rape and plunder at will. Kind of a SHTF scenario.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

eltoro Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1731 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop View Post
This ZOMBIE stuff is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen related to firearms! It's all sort of juvenile IMHO! Lol
You take it much too lightly. Here is your tip of the day.
525539_491235504250139_243716498_n.jpg  

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL
eltoro Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #8

Liked 2108 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 457

The zombie thing evolved from a few things.

On Internet gun forums as far back as 10 years ago people would use "zombie" instead of "bad guy" when saying he wanted a gun for self defense as a way of dehumanizing an intruder or mob of people after a disaster or social unrest. It was kind of a thinly veiled attempt at being politically correct. Then when the assault weapons ban went into sunset the term was used more.

Then came hurricane Katrina. There were mobs of people and looters and law enforcement gaps an breakdowns. People now had a demonstrated circumstance where such firepower could be a comfort and an essential survival tool.

FEMA caught some wind of the term being tosses around and in typical governmental misunderstanding of social trends they took it a but out if context. But they put a positive spin on it and when they put out a guide for people to make disaster preparedness kits for their own regional likely disaster they mad the kit generic by calling it a Zombie preparedness kit. They stated that if your family was ready for zombies then they could weather a storm, earthquake, floods, tornadoes, etc. for a few day I a couple if weeks until logistics were put back in order.

Then the gun market decided to jump on the band wagon and make products for the new government recommended kit that were left off the governments list (no firearms or ammo were in the FEMA list).
Hollywood caught some if the zombie buzz and began ramping up on zombie shows.

Next thing you know almost no one knows how we got all these zombie products and shows.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #9

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

As much as I find this ZOMBIE craze ridiculous and also humorous, I am well equipped to take on ZOMBIES as well as enraged elephants! Lol

Old 11-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #10

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Well now I get it, makes more sense now. Although I'm still laughing at the gun show vendors selling pitchforks and spiked instruments at ridiculous prices, seeing that if SHTF i could make all that stuff in my tool shed faster than I could buy it at the show and bring it home. To each his own. My zombie defense plan is as follows...

image-2570415109.jpg  

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 12-03-2012 at 06:08 PM.
JSStryker Likes This