Went to the gun show today, walked out feeling like a rape victim - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Went to the gun show today, walked out feeling like a rape victim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hate to say it, but it appears prices have started going up again. Went to a show yesterday here in Michigan, lots of black rifles, no deals. AR parts are slowly coming back. Popular ammo is scarce to impossible to find, .22lr in particular. AR mags are still reasonable, but they're the only ones. People aren't throwing their money down like they were during the panic, attendance was WAY down yesterday. I could actually move around and see things without being bulldozed by waves of people. That said, the dealers seem to be of the mindset that if you want a black rifle, this is what you'll pay.

Last edited by Donn; 05-06-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Encourage your friends not to buy anything from the profiteers! Boycott them all. Many of the people selling at gunshows are selling from surplus stuff they've been sitting on for months anyway and have'nt been able to move. They didn't have a market before and now that they do, they try to gouge your eyes out.
My expereience working in gun shops has been that on new guns a shop owner will only make about $100 on average more than he paid for it(Depending on how he was able to buy from the distributors - most shops are small and cannot buy in the quanitities to get a lower price tier)
Most profit is made buying used guns and selling at retail levels.
A Kimber dealer has to buy 10K or more in inventory just to sell their guns and then many of the manufactuers want shop owners to carry a line of branded clothing.
Maybe the lamestream media will finally realize the more hype they give a tragedy the more they create the very thing they want to stop.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #33

Liked 10 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

A friend of mine went to one a couple of months ago.I missed it due to working.He told me, there were some high prices,and it looked like half of the east coast was there.Glad i didn't go.I have found things are starting to somewhat,get a little better.In fact,i went to my gs,last week,and they had 42 rd pmags for 16.00. I thought about taking a pic,and sending it DiFi,lol.Of course,i wouldn't

Last edited by MandPgrl; 05-06-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

My area hardware and weapons are coming in; however, the life blood called ammo is not. LGS just got a nice shipment of 12 gauge HDCP loads and price is same as going to Sportsman's Warehouse.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #35
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7131 Times on 3904 Posts
Likes Given: 14436

You never hear a rape victim say "It was like being overcharged at a gun show."

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 05-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #36

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnier03 View Post
Can't wait until the madness dies down and we can return to "normal"
It's coming around. I watch gunbot for ammo prices and they are slowly coming down, and I see that Impact guns has a lot back in stock, when a month ago everything was gone.....it's a start.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #37
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Update 4/5 May Gun Show in Albuquerque, .22LR was going for low price $130 to $170 a brick.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #38

Liked 235 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Local Scheels has Rock Rivers for $1199. I witnessed 22lr 525 round boxes going for $65 last week. My local small town gun store had a handful of 555 boxes he was selling for $37.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #39

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Think we're finally starting to see some relief. I've noticed more and more ammo locally and gun prices are lower. LGS got a large shipment of 9mm (amongst others) almost 2 weeks ago and still has plenty. Wally world seems a bit better and even had 22 in the middle of the day. The gougers and resellers will pay the price for this as their hundred dollar bricks become fairly worthless as the hysteria wears down, gun control lunacy dies down, armageddon doesn't happen and manufacturing catches up.
Had several discussions with folks 3 weeks back at gun show while waiting for bg checks and, if you filter out the survivalists and conspiracy theorists, it seems like many people think they are buying a commodity/investment with ammo. One guy, who discounted my "there's hoarding going on because people can't get ammo and they can't get it because people are hoarding" theory. He admitted to a large walk in gun safe that is full to the brim with ammo (no guns). I asked if he felt bad when shooting it, he said "Oh No!! I won't shoot any--that stuff is better than gold"
It's sad for those of us who actually enjoy going to the range a couple of times a week. Bottom line, those who are buying high (now) will be selling low in the future given the past history of these scares.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I like gun shows. I like to walk around and people watch. I like to look at all the toys. Today I am able to get ammo at close to the pre Newtown pricing. I like to talk to all the people there. I just have a good time.

I took my mid 20s daughter to one last year. She carries, so it was not a stretch. She spotted a high school girlfriends, main squeeze there and called her to see if she was there and had just not been spotted. Girl said no, the crowd make up frightened her. My daughter said; "Mary Beth, no problem here, it is just a bunch of old Republicans!"

Well said, my kind of people.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!