Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gun Shows (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Went to the gun show today, walked out feeling like a rape victim (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/went-gun-show-today-walked-out-feeling-like-rape-victim-88718/)

gunwolf007 04-13-2013 10:19 AM

Went to the gun show today, walked out feeling like a rape victim

Prices are still over marked

gunwolf007 04-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunwolf007

Corrections walked out, did not have my glasses

Whitewalker1911 04-13-2013 10:42 AM

Not at all surprised, and it's easy to get sub-par product there, too.

You probably made the wisest choice.

The Tucson Gun Show is today & tmrw , and as tempted as I am just to check it out, I know myself well enough that I'd get carried away & I just don't have the money right now.

Donn 04-13-2013 01:24 PM

Went to a show a few weeks back. Black rifles were starting to come back to reality, as were mag prices. AR parts and ammo were another story. Still very hard to find. The LGS is slowly rebuilding inventory, very slowly. Going to a show today, we'll see if this trend continues.

JosephMD 04-13-2013 01:28 PM

I think it depends on your state, in Maryland, anything on the ban list is still over priced ;) & FFLs are charging too much to import them while they are still legal.

johnr1943 04-13-2013 01:37 PM

A Time to Boycott?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunwolf007 (Post 1212365)

Perhaps, although I doubt too many would do so, it is time to boycott ALL ammo sellers. The prices are way over blown. If it is indeed a "supply and demand" issue, we need to drastically reduce demand.

Squawk 04-13-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnr1943

Perhaps, although I doubt too many would do so, it is time to boycott ALL ammo sellers. The prices are way over blown. If it is indeed a "supply and demand" issue, we need to drastically reduce demand.

And this is the solution to the problem. But unfortunately there are people out there buying way more than they plan to shoot. Some are even buying to resell. I would support a bill in the senate that would make it illegal to buy ammo or firearms/firearms parts for profitable resale. That would solve a lot of the issues with inflation.

HockaLouis 04-13-2013 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you said "waked out" I thought the show killed you!

I was waiting for a little Swiss ammo. Finally came in. 7% higher than when I bought it pre-Newtown but I had a $15 credit to use anyway, so...

'course, I've been waiting for some specific, special, rimfire for a coupla months now but at "regular" price.

One's sense of urgency dictates the prices anyone'll pay. Don't "need" 'em but I did just win an AR titanium firing pin w/Titanium Nitride coating and properly hardened 17-4 stainless steel bolt cam pin w/retaining pin -- I thought it was a bargain for $23 in all.

chloeshooter 04-13-2013 02:05 PM

They used to call it 'war profiteering'

Fellow firearms enthusiasts who have no scruples trying to steal from us. I spit in their general direction

Whitewalker1911 04-13-2013 02:06 PM

If I had some extra cash, I'd go down for sure...never know what you'll come across & I just ignore vendors that are overpricing their merchandise. It's a shame but I'm not going bankrupt for it.

Uugghh...now I'm considering going.

Bad influences! All of ya!