Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gun Shows (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   TV Shows (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/tv-shows-54363/)

Marthor 12-30-2011 12:13 AM

TV Shows

With all the great new TV shows like Sons of Guns and American Guns, even though I've seen this section many times, "gun shows" now makes me think TV shows first. LOL

...and to make use of this thread, what are some other good TV gun shows to watch in addition to the one I mentioned?

JonM 12-30-2011 12:21 AM

my favorite is top shot. there is also a lot of good shows on versus

c3shooter 12-30-2011 12:28 AM

(Insert sounds of crickets to indicate total silence)

Sorry, bro, but in my humble opinion, there ARE no good gun shows on broadcast TV- including the ones you listed. Do not mean to be insulting- tastes vary a lot- but the attempt by a lot of these shows to copy OC Choppers turns me off.

I DID watch a couple of episodes of Top Shot (uh, lemme see- shooting a handgun while hanging upside down and being lowered to the ground. Ummm- yeah)

Afraid I tend to lump the "reality shows" together- scripted by someone that is a script writer, but does not know crap about the subject matter. That includes Pawn Stars. Auction Wars, Hoarders, Repoman etc.

However, the Military Channel and the Outdoor Channel actually do a good one from time to time.

downsouth 12-30-2011 12:44 AM

We cut our cable back and no longer get versus. I do miss their wensday programing. "Best Defense, American Rifleman " etc. I too am not fond of the reality shows, they get old real fast.

Sonic82 12-30-2011 01:00 AM

Stumbled on this, I've never seen it TV SCHEDULE looks interesting. And don't be rippin' on Pawn Stars is one of the few I like.

BudW 12-30-2011 01:54 AM

Glaring error, if you scroll down to Thompson Machine gun it says cleared trenches in WW!-Wrong was not available then

29-01 How to Shoot STC

Marthor 12-31-2011 01:17 PM

Top shot is a great show too! I especially enjoyed this last season.

I think the outdoor channel has some good gun shows, but I don't flip there often enough to find them. Is there a good show there I should make time for?

eborden1122 12-31-2011 11:06 PM

Sons of guns and American guns are both good shows with Sons of Guns being my favorite. They make some really interesting weapons.

UrbanNinja 12-31-2011 11:20 PM

American guns is a horrible show in my opinion. If you allow your teenage daughter to dress like a skank on national television just to make some ratings... you deserve to have your "man card" revoked and forced to carry that disgrace of a diamond encrusted 1911 so the rest of us can laugh at you. "Guns & gear" is a great show. Sons of guns isn't bad either..but my favorite is "locked and loaded". You cant go wrong when "the gunny" is the host.

eborden1122 12-31-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja (Post 664054)
American guns is a horrible show in my opinion. If you allow your teenage daughter to dress like a skank on national television just to make some ratings... you deserve to have your "man card" revoked and forced to carry that disgrace of a diamond encrusted 1911 so the rest of us can laugh at you. "Guns & gear" is a great show. Sons of guns isn't bad either..but my favorite is "locked and loaded". You cant go wrong when "the gunny" is the host.

What channel does "locked and loaded" and "guns and gear" come on? Thanks, Ed