Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Tulsa Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tulsa Show

I hope this is a proper question here. I plan on attending the Tulsa show Mar. 31 and April 1. If I should find a handgun or long gun that I want to purchase what is the Okla. laws. I live in Ark. and I hear there are different regulation for adjoining states than for nonadjoining states. Some places will take a CCW permit in the place of doing a background check. I will have no problem passing a background check. I have tried to look up Okla. laws but can't find anything about out of state purchasers. I don't know of anyone here with a FFL I can use if I have to have one. I hope to find a Remington 660 in 223 CAl. and also a Smith and Wesson 460 with the 14 in. barrel. I know both are very hard to find...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

Liked 1084 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 273

You can find the answer on Oklahoma's web site, but a quick search shows:

Purchase/Transfer
No state permit is required for the purchase of a rifle, shotgun or handgun.
Residents may purchase legal firearms and ammunition from contiguous states, and residents of contiguous states may purchase firearms and ammunition in Oklahoma.

If you are in a neighboring state, no problem.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #3

Default Tulsa Show

Thanks for the information. Now is I can find the firearms that I'M looking for. Aganin thank you.