So-called Gun Show Loophole - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > So-called Gun Show Loophole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The Gun Show Loop Hole is the open door to National Gun Registration. The Loop Hole Law will be meaningless without a list of all guns and who owns them.
The left knows very well what they are doing. Why would a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd A walk around gun shows deciding who should have a gun? I walk around looking for good buys in firearms.
I'm still waiting for the "like" button on the mobile app....
Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1287 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 76

The Orlando gunshows are almost always the same people with tables. In two buildings are a mix of dealers, and private tables. As stated earlier the private sales do not involve interstate commerce, so no backround check is required. A valid in state drivers license, and you will be asked if you have a felony (like that has not been lied about though). You are not even required to have a bill of sale.

That said, more private tables are calling the NCIS for verification. Not all, just some. At one of the last shows a buddy bought a used Glock 27 and we waited for them to call it in. They were not a dealer.

As for pricing in Florida. Usually my best deals have been at a gun show. The dealers all compete and will drop off the price on the tag. I bought a Ruger Blackhawk for $425 new, and a SR9c for $415 new. Both considerably under the MSRP.

I have been casually looking for a used gun private sale, as I do not believe they dump all of the registration every 72 hours. I think that is the basis of the database they will want if Obummer gets his way.

Beware the Executive Order. He knows what is good for us.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #63
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
The Orlando gunshows are almost always the same people with tables. In two buildings are a mix of dealers, and private tables. As stated earlier the private sales do not involve interstate commerce, so no backround check is required. A valid in state drivers license, and you will be asked if you have a felony (like that has not been lied about though). You are not even required to have a bill of sale.

That said, more private tables are calling the NCIS for verification. Not all, just some. At one of the last shows a buddy bought a used Glock 27 and we waited for them to call it in. They were not a dealer.

As for pricing in Florida. Usually my best deals have been at a gun show. The dealers all compete and will drop off the price on the tag. I bought a Ruger Blackhawk for $425 new, and a SR9c for $415 new. Both considerably under the MSRP.

I have been casually looking for a used gun private sale, as I do not believe they dump all of the registration every 72 hours. I think that is the basis of the database they will want if Obummer gets his way.

Beware the Executive Order. He knows what is good for us.
how are private individuals getting access to the NCIS? if i am not mistaken thats not available to the general public.

and there is no registration on a firearm other than the dealers records of the FFL form 4473, which is kept with the gun dealer. when they call in and do a background check to see if you are eligible to purchase a firearm, there is no information about the firearm given. so there is no way they could compile a national registration from it regardless if they didn't dump all the information gathered in 72 hours.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #64

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

how are private individuals getting access to the NCIS? if i am not mistaken thats not available to the general public.

and there is no registration on a firearm other than the dealers records of the FFL form 4473, which is kept with the gun dealer. when they call in and do a background check to see if you are eligible to purchase a firearm, there is no information about the firearm given. so there is no way they could compile a national registration from it regardless if they didn't dump all the information gathered in 72 hours.
Long gun, pistol, or other is what has been asked when I buy. As for nics for public use, not that I know of.

NEVER FORGET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
After contacting the local police, the state attorney general's office (MS), and the BATF regarding the proper procedure to verify if a firearm is stolen and being told that information is for the police only (and only as allowed by BATF) but could be provided if i could surrender the firearm to the local police station, I find the idea of an individual/non-FFL being able to run a NCIS check HIGHLY, VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

We the people aren't in the club.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #66

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It seems most of the shows these days require that anyone regardless runs the Brady Check. The shows have FFL transfer tables setup and those without FFLs pay a fee to have the BGC run.
The fear of law suits has done what Federal Laws could not do.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #67

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Drum- you are right- and IF you have someone that is buying and selling REPEATEDLY without a license, sooner or later the ATF is going to dump on them. About a year ago they nailed an FBI agent that had bought and resold about 50 guns over on Gunbroker.com.
Which is quite interesting to me how Pat Burns has, for years, sold higher end Mosin-Nagant rifles from her web-site, with no FFL. These are all being sold from a "personal collection". I am sure what she is doing is legal, because there is no way to fly under the radar that long. Federal laws can be screwy, I do my best to err on the side of safety when doing any firearm transaction. Who knows, I may be BATF or you may be, you never know for sure, and I have never seen a gun deal good enough to go to jail for.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #68

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
After contacting the local police, the state attorney general's office (MS), and the BATF regarding the proper procedure to verify if a firearm is stolen and being told that information is for the police only (and only as allowed by BATF) but could be provided if i could surrender the firearm to the local police station, I find the idea of an individual/non-FFL being able to run a NCIS check HIGHLY, VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

We the people aren't in the club.
In Fl. you go to a state-run website, enter a gun's serial number, and it will come up if it has any problems. It only takes a few seconds, and gives you peace of mind. I always note the date and time, that I do the check, on my firearm inventory as a kind of CYA procedure. If I buy from an FFL, I don't bother as I have documents to verify my legal purchase.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #69

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Chain, what website are you referring to?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #70
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
In Fl. you go to a state-run website, enter a gun's serial number, and it will come up if it has any problems. It only takes a few seconds, and gives you peace of mind. I always note the date and time, that I do the check, on my firearm inventory as a kind of CYA procedure. If I buy from an FFL, I don't bother as I have documents to verify my legal purchase.
Chainfire, that only checks to see if the firearms is stolen or not. doesn't verify the person buying it is legal to purchase.