So-called Gun Show Loophole - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > So-called Gun Show Loophole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The "Tail will Wag the Dog" close the gun show loophole. They will have to have National Registration to enforce the GSL Ban. The Dems and the National Media are drunk on their 2 term power.
They are now going to look at a National Law that will ban concealed carry in the individual states. No the SCOTUS decisions means nothing to them. This is a move to change America and not just gun laws.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
They are now going to look at a National Law that will ban concealed carry in the individual states.
Do what now?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #53

Yes OrangeJ Bob Beackle was on Fox News today. He said that concealed weapons laws were on the table. Bob is speaking in Democrat and that means a Fedreal Law over state laws to control CCW. I expect OBama to try an Interstate Commerce ruling to control CCW in interstate transportation.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

**** the Federal Government. Elected officials are supposed to serve the people. These Communists are only out to push their agenda, which is eerily similar to the Nazi Germany pre-WW-II. Seriously look at Germany pre-WWII. This country is headed in the exact same direction.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #55

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

There certaily is a "loop hole". I do a lot of gun shows and see people shopping that I would never sell a gun to. It is the unethical dealers and private persons who are greedy for money that deal with the people who should never have guns.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #56

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by musketshooter View Post
There certaily is a "loop hole". I do a lot of gun shows and see people shopping that I would never sell a gun to. It is the unethical dealers and private persons who are greedy for money that deal with the people who should never have guns.
I'll bet you money that if you were to see me in person, you'd probably think I must be a convict myself. Judge not...

Even a friend of mine... Classic Meth mouth. Scrawny as hell. Known him all my life. Had many health problems as a child, one of which being a certain gum disease he had a genetic predisposition to. He's the poster boy of "don't do drugs", yet he refuses to even drink a beer or smoke a cigarette, in church every Sunday, volunteers at the soup kitchen, etc., etc... He's a saint. The only foul word I've heard him utter was when I dropped a transmission and transfer case on his nutz. But if I'd met him for the first time just yesterday and had never known him, I'd probably run in the other direction.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #57
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21989 Times on 12399 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
an you have some sort of mind reading ability or some type of inside information on people that others don't have? just curious, as you seem to want to judge people to not being able to own a firearm because of how they look?

not saying there are not those who shouldn't have firearms and some shady dealers, but you're way out on the limb here buddy!

a legitimate dealer doing it according to the law, does a background check after the person fills out the FFL form 4473. irregardless of where the sale takes place. brick and mortar store, gun show, his home garage or on the parking lot at the local WalMart!

there are many private individuals that conduct face to face private deals at gun shows if they are legal in that state.

if someone is selling firearms for profit or as a business without a license, then they are selling illegally and need to be prosecuted.

so where is this loophole you speak of again?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #58

Liked 503 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 234

Quote:
Would the same thing hold true for who someone sells a car to? It's one heck of a responsibility driving a vehicle. How does someone judge who to sell, or not to sell to? Is it how they're dressed, or what? Maybe they have grease under their nails, cause they break their backs working in a machine shop all day long and barely made it to the gun show after work? Should a business suit, or a pocket protector be required as entrance to a gun show? There are many nuts in suits and many hold political office. If a person is allowed to own a gun under the law then who has the right to say they should never have a gun. I'd be more concerned about those allowed to enter a voting booth. I judge no one.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #59

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I have been to a bunch of gun shows in my life. I have yet to acquire a firearm at a gun show. Gun shows are a place where I see and handle guns my LGS doesn't stock. Most of the guns at the gun shows in Raleigh are marked well above the MSRP. I see lots of people leaving gun shows with a gun. I go home and order the same gun online well below retail. If the gun is marked at $1,000 at a Raleigh gun show I can get it online for under $800. Then the LGS claims they can't get the gun for the same price as I can. I have to say bull manure to that one.
No sometimes that is true. I know a few dealers that have ordered from retailers and then marked it up.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #60

The Gun Show Loop Hole is the open door to National Gun Registration. The Loop Hole Law will be meaningless without a list of all guns and who owns them.
The left knows very well what they are doing. Why would a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd A walk around gun shows deciding who should have a gun? I walk around looking for good buys in firearms.