So-called Gun Show Loophole - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > So-called Gun Show Loophole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Brady Campaign is calling in their credits. They have pushed this GSL BS for years. This is aimed at all gun sales or guns given to your son at x-mas. The old shotgun left to you by Grandpa. The hidden trap here is they will have to have a system of National Registration to track all these transfers. The idividuals may have to transfer thru FFLs or Police Depts.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

the reference i heard ealier today on the radio at work, that i thought was rather stupid, about the so-called, "gun show loophole" was the term, "private gun dealer", not having to do a background check! what is a "private gun dealer" ? i am not aware of any legitimate gun dealer not having to do a background check. and if they are dealing firearms without a license, then they are breaking the law and need to be prosecuted. but IMO, this term they were using, "private gun dealer" is misleading, in reference to the gun show loophole.

they also want to try and re-instate the 1994 AWB as a measure to curb more of these incidents like the CT school shooting. well CT alreadt has one! yep, that CT AWB is sure working well.

just more of your friendly neighborhood liberal gun hater's at work!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #43

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
And I'm sure that the average private gun seller has hundreds, if not thousands of gun shoppers meandering through his kitchen on a given weekend.

No one rents a table to sell 1 or 2 guns. Here in FL it is a common practice. Locally, the right side of the floor is for your biggest dealers and things get greyer as you make your way to the left.
So FL has a problem with dealers masquerading as private sellers...arrest them and charge them with a federal crime but leave the private citizens alone. Why is the solution to crime always to punish the law abiding citizen?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #44

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
So FL has a problem with dealers masquerading as private sellers...arrest them and charge them with a federal crime but leave the private citizens alone. Why is the solution to crime always to punish the law abiding citizen?
because the legislative branch always wants to be able to stand up in front of the voter and say "look at this law, see what I did for you? i made you a new law...please vote for me in the election so I can continue to make new laws for you."

These guys can't carry out the law, that's for the police and prosecutors to do, and for the Judges to throw away the key. the politicians can't do anything but write laws.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 796

I realize I know a lot of people in the area. Right now in NC, if you go to a show willing to sell a handgun to people without a purchase permit or CCW you will run into a ALE agent. After every show I hear about some idiot getting busted at the show.

I will agree the efforts of the ALE aren't getting people who dump bunches of guns on the street. At shows they are getting the greedy type that bought a gun they didn't like. The idiots are trying to recover all their money or more and run into an undercover agent.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 12-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #46

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Ok, let's say that they do pass a law that makes people summit to a background check for private sales at Gun Shows. What's stopping people from getting together after the Gun Show to make the deal? What stops people from meeting at somewhere locally to do a deal?
What about a guy that's had 5 DUI's and shouldn't own a car, are they going to start doing background checks on people that buy vehicles? Wouldn't that cut down on people that drink and drive from getting behind the wheel of a car?

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #47

Liked 763 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Ok, let's say that they do pass a law that makes people summit to a background check for private sales at Gun Shows. What's stopping people from getting together after the Gun Show to make the deal? What stops people from meeting at somewhere locally to do a deal?
What about a guy that's had 5 DUI's and shouldn't own a car, are they going to start doing background checks on people that buy vehicles? Wouldn't that cut down on people that drink and drive from getting behind the wheel of a car?
The President wants to outlaw all private sales. No giving a rifle to your son without running it thru a licensed dealer.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #48

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
The President wants to outlaw all private sales. No giving a rifle to your son without running it thru a licensed dealer.
So you'd have to go through an FFL to transfer a firearm that you bought for someone for say Christmas or you'd be breaking the law. Sure, I see that happenin' when pigs fly. This is another one of those laws that'll be unenforceable because unless a person uses a firearm in a crime then who's going to know that you even have it.
Also, it would be a totally Unconstitutional Law as well but then of course that's not stopped them from passing Unconstitutional firearms laws in the past.
This is the War Room!"

Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Every time i have purchased a firearm privately/from a non-licensee, they have asked to see my in-state driver's license. I bought my SKS that way and a CZ52. I am almost 100% that the SKS seller asked me if i was legal to buy or had a felony.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 12-21-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #50

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Liberals, whether intentionally or by ineptitude never consider any consequences other than the first stage one. If you raise taxes you will get more revenue. No one will find better tax dodges or work less. Toilets can only use X amount of water per flush. That will save water. No one will flush three or four times to get the job done.

In this case I could see a huge underground evolve to let citizens exchange guns. The only possible way to stop it would be to register every gun and periodically check to see who has what. Is this still America?