So-called Gun Show Loophole - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > So-called Gun Show Loophole

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GunLover1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarayk
so basically there is always gonna be a so called "loophole" it just doesnt exist only at gunshows ,but everywhere until somethings are changed. Meaning that any of these crazys can get access to weapons without nics checks either through the local paper or an ad put up in the local quikmart? I think the only way to help stop it would be to make the seller held accountable if a check was not proformed. although sadly if i were to sell my used baseball bat to someone an they went out an killed a bunch of kids i would feel just as bad as had i sold them a gun. but at least with a gun i would have had the opportunity to do my due diligence on them.

by the way i live in arizona an id be curious to know where that store was?

Any press is good press i guess
Search google for "Arizona gun store Obama" you should be able to find the articles and where the store is.
__________________
GunLover1969 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarayk View Post
so basically there is always gonna be a so called "loophole" it just doesnt exist only at gunshows ,but everywhere until somethings are changed. Meaning that any of these crazys can get access to weapons without nics checks either through the local paper or an ad put up in the local quikmart? I think the only way to help stop it would be to make the seller held accountable if a check was not proformed. although sadly if i were to sell my used baseball bat to someone an they went out an killed a bunch of kids i would feel just as bad as had i sold them a gun. but at least with a gun i would have had the opportunity to do my due diligence on them.

by the way i live in arizona an id be curious to know where that store was?

Any press is good press i guess
first of all there are no "gun show loopholes" as many are so inclined to believe. they are trying to refer to face to face sales between private individuals. and if those are legal in the state that a person resides in, then they are legal, period, but are not gun show loopholes. as stated by others, an FFL holder is required to do a background check irregardless of where the transaction takes place.

and how do we propose that a private citizen do a background check?

if face to face sales are legal where a person resides, there are still ways to protect ones self from legal issues arrising from that sale. such as a bill of sale, with name, address and DL number on it. or my favorite, do the sale through an FFL as he can do a background check.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I have to wonder about some of these fellers that visit our camp?

cowboys-drinking.png  
__________________
nitestalker is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have to wonder about some of these fellers that visit our camp?
some are just trolls looking to start trouble! head em' off at the pass!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 792
Liked 520 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Default

The media knows all about the BS argument concerning alleged loopholes at gun shows. There aren't any like axxe55 said, but the show must go on with their parade of pukes one after the other sitting in the interview chair. All the info needed is at their finger tips with hoards of lawyers doing research for them.

Unfortunately, that includes Fox as well. That station with that lefty Geraldo( I never met an illegal I didn't like) Rivera and a few others are getting under my skin. Without getting into it even Charles Krauthammer's annoying the heck out of me wanting restrictions on high capacity mags. Why doesn't he go back to being a psychiatrist?

This won't end quickly, so be prepared to be pelted with manure from all directions. Most of the talking heads have no knowledge where guns are concerned and this is the most touchy subject that politicians could ever pick on. These people are playing with fire and should leave well enough alone. It's like the roach hotel is having a fire drill and all the cockroaches are coming out from under the woodwork.

__________________
gunsmoke11 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
The media knows all about the BS argument concerning alleged loopholes at gun shows. There aren't any like axxe55 said, but the show must go on with their parade of pukes one after the other sitting in the interview chair. All the info needed is at their finger tips with hoards of lawyers doing research for them.

Unfortunately, that includes Fox as well. That station with that lefty Geraldo( I never met an illegal I didn't like) Rivera and a few others are getting under my skin. Without getting into it even Charles Krauthammer's annoying the heck out of me wanting restrictions on high capacity mags. Why doesn't he go back to being a psychiatrist?

This won't end quickly, so be prepared to be pelted with manure from all directions. Most of the talking heads have no knowledge where guns are concerned and this is the most touchy subject that politicians could ever pick on. These people are playing with fire and should leave well enough alone. It's like the roach hotel is having a fire drill and all the cockroaches are coming out from under the woodwork.
well when has the media, politicians and the liberal gun hater's ever let the truth get in the way of a good story.

why should they print or broadcast the truth, when misleading information gets the results they want?

there was a time when being a politician or a reporter was an honorable profession. not so anymore. more about ratings and personal agendas these days, or money to be made.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gh0zt36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Micco,Florida
Posts: 1,477
Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
No such thing as a gun show loophole. Every licensed dealer in the Unites States is required to perform a background check on every sale...whether it takes place in their store, a gun show, or the mens room of the local Walmart. What the anti gunners refer to as the "loophole" is a sale that takes place between two residents of a state...such a sale is not considered to be interstate commerce so the BATFE basically has no jurisdiction over it, state law applies exclusively so if the state permits the sale there is no federally required NICS (backgroung check.)

Now about that avatar...Che was a murderous scumbag, not a post modern hero and I find his image to be repugnant. Don't be surprised if most people here simply ignore you because of it, just MHO.
Playing devils advocate the problem theyre refering to is private sales. Atleast at gunshows here in florida . You can get a private sale table and sell whatever you want . No background required . Hell if youre just a " who gives a s@#t kinda person . you're not even required to get a bill of sale I believe.
__________________
Gh0zt36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,832
Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36

Playing devils advocate the problem theyre refering to is private sales. Atleast at gunshows here in florida . You can get a private sale table and sell whatever you want . No background required . Hell if youre just a " who gives a s@#t kinda person . you're not even required to get a bill of sale I believe.
Yep, you can also do it at your kitchen table...that's why its a private sale has nothing to do with gun shows.
__________________

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Jpyle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,465
Liked 2163 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 805

Default

I have been to a bunch of gun shows in my life. I have yet to acquire a firearm at a gun show. Gun shows are a place where I see and handle guns my LGS doesn't stock. Most of the guns at the gun shows in Raleigh are marked well above the MSRP. I see lots of people leaving gun shows with a gun. I go home and order the same gun online well below retail. If the gun is marked at $1,000 at a Raleigh gun show I can get it online for under $800. Then the LGS claims they can't get the gun for the same price as I can. I have to say bull manure to that one.

__________________

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 692
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Yep, you can also do it at your kitchen table...that's why its a private sale has nothing to do with gun shows.
And I'm sure that the average private gun seller has hundreds, if not thousands of gun shoppers meandering through his kitchen on a given weekend.

No one rents a table to sell 1 or 2 guns. Here in FL it is a common practice. Locally, the right side of the floor is for your biggest dealers and things get greyer as you make your way to the left.
__________________

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Loophole? MichaelBarton AR-15 Discussion 27 02-01-2012 05:46 PM
Loophole in NC castle doctrine closed!!! vincent Legal and Activism 10 12-07-2011 04:04 AM
Close the Car Show Loophole! canebrake Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 03-10-2011 02:14 AM
The McCain-Lieberman Gun Show "Loophole" Bill alsaqr Legal and Activism 1 07-07-2008 12:27 AM
Illinois Loophole??? Chuck Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 05-21-2008 01:50 PM