Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > So-called Gun Show Loophole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Doesn't make you sick that people argue something they don't have a clue about?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8411 Times on 3645 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Drum- you are right- and IF you have someone that is buying and selling REPEATEDLY without a license, sooner or later the ATF is going to dump on them. About a year ago they nailed an FBI agent that had bought and resold about 50 guns over on Gunbroker.com.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #13

Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

People do illegal things all the time. Whether it be speeding, selling drugs, shoplifting, whatever. They break the law until they are caught. Then they go to jail. That is the way the legal system works. You can not be arrested until you break the law. So I have no doubt that everyone has seen people do things that were illegal. About guns, now you know what is legal and what is not. End of story.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #14

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
Doesn't make you sick that people argue something they don't have a clue about?
Yeah- its as bad as throwing in a really OT statement in the middle of a thread

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

My personal opinion is if you dont use a ffl to transfer a gun to a buyer in state or not i have no problem with the family members of people murdered by the buyer to come after your stupid @ss in court.

Is it your right to sell to a stranger who claims he/she is legal to buy??? sure it is. Are you an idiot for doing it?? yup. How would you feel if that lanza clown used a gun you sold to him without an ffl check to murder those kids??

As it turns out he tried to buy a gun and was turned down. Buying guns without running a nics and relying on the criminal to tell the truth when you ask is just as freekin stupid as relying on a no guns here sign to protect you.

Sorry but im a strong believer in that every gun sale should be run through a nics. Everyone should be able to call nics and ask if so and so is legal to buy not just ffl dealers.

You dont ask nics about the gun itself they dont ask for the serial number only whether its a long gun or a pistol. Guns sold by a ffl arent being "registered" when nics is called

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #16

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That is interesting always ask for permisson? How long before all the Information on the arms and buyers are required? The Conn. police stated that the gun and ammo will be traced back to the factory where it was made. This will prove a need for National registration. NICS has always been on the leading edge of Back Door registration.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #17

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I have bought many a gun at gun shows, both inside and out in the parking log, without showing any ID, and in any case, all it would take is a 1/2 hours worth with computer, photoshop, printer, laminator, and presto, different ID. If take the trouble with disguise, that's that, as far as anyone ever knowing a thing about it. If you want complete protection, of course, you have to have an accident on the frame,with the drill and the Tig welder, right near the end of the row of numbers. Of course, this scarred up problem will then require refinishing of the frame, So be careful with your gunsmithing, guys.

As far as selling the jerk a gun, I'd feel the same way as if I was a hardware store clerk, and I sold him some insecticide that he put in their food. It's on HIM, not me.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #18

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My personal opinion is if you dont use a ffl to transfer a gun to a buyer in state or not i have no problem with the family members of people murdered by the buyer to come after your stupid @ss in court.

Is it your right to sell to a stranger who claims he/she is legal to buy??? sure it is. Are you an idiot for doing it?? yup. How would you feel if that lanza clown used a gun you sold to him without an ffl check to murder those kids??

As it turns out he tried to buy a gun and was turned down. Buying guns without running a nics and relying on the criminal to tell the truth when you ask is just as freekin stupid as relying on a no guns here sign to protect you.

Sorry but im a strong believer in that every gun sale should be run through a nics. Everyone should be able to call nics and ask if so and so is legal to buy not just ffl dealers.

You dont ask nics about the gun itself they dont ask for the serial number only whether its a long gun or a pistol. Guns sold by a ffl arent being "registered" when nics is called
I've sold several guns with no NICS check and I'm a dealer. CCW in most states is all you need. So whether I do a 4473 and use a CCW or a private seller doesn't do a 4473 but sees the CCW what's the difference?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I've sold several guns with no NICS check and I'm a dealer. CCW in most states is all you need. So whether I do a 4473 and use a CCW or a private seller doesn't do a 4473 but sees the CCW what's the difference?
None. Ccw ownership is sufficient for me. Drivers license or state id card isnt.

And if you can manufacture a believable id card in a parking lot with a laptop and a printer that would pass a nics check i would love to see that.

Its not about asking permission its about confirming what this yahoo in front of me ive never met before is telling me the truth. I dont see how hard that is to do as a private citizen. The only reason i dont sell without using a ffl is because i cant call nics to tell me this guy that wants to buy a gun is telling the truth.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #20

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
None. Ccw ownership is sufficient for me. Drivers license or state id card isnt.

And if you can manufacture a believable id card in a parking lot with a laptop and a printer that would pass a nics check i would love to see that.

Its not about asking permission its about confirming what this yahoo in front of me ive never met before is telling me the truth. I dont see how hard that is to do as a private citizen. The only reason i dont sell without using a ffl is because i cant call nics to tell me this guy that wants to buy a gun is telling the truth.
Sorry to tell you Jon, neither can NICS, but I understand your point

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.