Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > So-called Gun Show Loophole

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
robertb6112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 347
Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Default

Doesn't make you sick that people argue something they don't have a clue about?

__________________
robertb6112 is offline  
nhsuper44 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,361
Liked 8411 Times on 3645 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Default

Drum- you are right- and IF you have someone that is buying and selling REPEATEDLY without a license, sooner or later the ATF is going to dump on them. About a year ago they nailed an FBI agent that had bought and resold about 50 guns over on Gunbroker.com.

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hiwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleator,AZ
Posts: 3,259
Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Default

People do illegal things all the time. Whether it be speeding, selling drugs, shoplifting, whatever. They break the law until they are caught. Then they go to jail. That is the way the legal system works. You can not be arrested until you break the law. So I have no doubt that everyone has seen people do things that were illegal. About guns, now you know what is legal and what is not. End of story.

__________________

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

hiwall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb6112 View Post
Doesn't make you sick that people argue something they don't have a clue about?
Yeah- its as bad as throwing in a really OT statement in the middle of a thread
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #15
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,178
Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Default

My personal opinion is if you dont use a ffl to transfer a gun to a buyer in state or not i have no problem with the family members of people murdered by the buyer to come after your stupid @ss in court.

Is it your right to sell to a stranger who claims he/she is legal to buy??? sure it is. Are you an idiot for doing it?? yup. How would you feel if that lanza clown used a gun you sold to him without an ffl check to murder those kids??

As it turns out he tried to buy a gun and was turned down. Buying guns without running a nics and relying on the criminal to tell the truth when you ask is just as freekin stupid as relying on a no guns here sign to protect you.

Sorry but im a strong believer in that every gun sale should be run through a nics. Everyone should be able to call nics and ask if so and so is legal to buy not just ffl dealers.

You dont ask nics about the gun itself they dont ask for the serial number only whether its a long gun or a pistol. Guns sold by a ffl arent being "registered" when nics is called

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

That is interesting always ask for permisson? How long before all the Information on the arms and buyers are required? The Conn. police stated that the gun and ammo will be traced back to the factory where it was made. This will prove a need for National registration. NICS has always been on the leading edge of Back Door registration.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 85
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Default

I have bought many a gun at gun shows, both inside and out in the parking log, without showing any ID, and in any case, all it would take is a 1/2 hours worth with computer, photoshop, printer, laminator, and presto, different ID. If take the trouble with disguise, that's that, as far as anyone ever knowing a thing about it. If you want complete protection, of course, you have to have an accident on the frame,with the drill and the Tig welder, right near the end of the row of numbers. Of course, this scarred up problem will then require refinishing of the frame, So be careful with your gunsmithing, guys.

As far as selling the jerk a gun, I'd feel the same way as if I was a hardware store clerk, and I sold him some insecticide that he put in their food. It's on HIM, not me.

__________________
bonney is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,993
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My personal opinion is if you dont use a ffl to transfer a gun to a buyer in state or not i have no problem with the family members of people murdered by the buyer to come after your stupid @ss in court.

Is it your right to sell to a stranger who claims he/she is legal to buy??? sure it is. Are you an idiot for doing it?? yup. How would you feel if that lanza clown used a gun you sold to him without an ffl check to murder those kids??

As it turns out he tried to buy a gun and was turned down. Buying guns without running a nics and relying on the criminal to tell the truth when you ask is just as freekin stupid as relying on a no guns here sign to protect you.

Sorry but im a strong believer in that every gun sale should be run through a nics. Everyone should be able to call nics and ask if so and so is legal to buy not just ffl dealers.

You dont ask nics about the gun itself they dont ask for the serial number only whether its a long gun or a pistol. Guns sold by a ffl arent being "registered" when nics is called
I've sold several guns with no NICS check and I'm a dealer. CCW in most states is all you need. So whether I do a 4473 and use a CCW or a private seller doesn't do a 4473 but sees the CCW what's the difference?
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,178
Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I've sold several guns with no NICS check and I'm a dealer. CCW in most states is all you need. So whether I do a 4473 and use a CCW or a private seller doesn't do a 4473 but sees the CCW what's the difference?
None. Ccw ownership is sufficient for me. Drivers license or state id card isnt.

And if you can manufacture a believable id card in a parking lot with a laptop and a printer that would pass a nics check i would love to see that.

Its not about asking permission its about confirming what this yahoo in front of me ive never met before is telling me the truth. I dont see how hard that is to do as a private citizen. The only reason i dont sell without using a ffl is because i cant call nics to tell me this guy that wants to buy a gun is telling the truth.
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,993
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
None. Ccw ownership is sufficient for me. Drivers license or state id card isnt.

And if you can manufacture a believable id card in a parking lot with a laptop and a printer that would pass a nics check i would love to see that.

Its not about asking permission its about confirming what this yahoo in front of me ive never met before is telling me the truth. I dont see how hard that is to do as a private citizen. The only reason i dont sell without using a ffl is because i cant call nics to tell me this guy that wants to buy a gun is telling the truth.
Sorry to tell you Jon, neither can NICS, but I understand your point
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Loophole? MichaelBarton AR-15 Discussion 27 02-01-2012 04:46 PM
Loophole in NC castle doctrine closed!!! vincent Legal and Activism 10 12-07-2011 03:04 AM
Close the Car Show Loophole! canebrake Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 03-10-2011 01:14 AM
The McCain-Lieberman Gun Show "Loophole" Bill alsaqr Legal and Activism 1 07-06-2008 11:27 PM
Illinois Loophole??? Chuck Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 05-21-2008 12:50 PM