Shot Show, Who Went, Best Products, What's On Your List
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Shot Show, Who Went, Best Products, What's On Your List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Shot Show, Who Went, Best Products, What's On Your List

Well I know that Shot isn't officially over until today but I am already back home and pretty excited about some of the new gear. Here are a few of the things that topped my list.

Tac-Con 3MR trigger - has a 3rd mode that allows you to shoot 650 rpm, similar to slide fire or bump stocks but the entire mechanism is in the trigger. Check it out, I believe USM4 is carrying it.

Volquartsen .17 WSW - awesome precision varmint round that travels @ 3000 fps which is crazy for a rim fire.

OSS Suppressors - This is the future of suppressors people, it does not trap the gasses in a baffle like every other suppressor on the market. It instead redirects the gas which does a few very neat things. 1. It puts less blow back pressure on the bolt which will allow you to shoot full auto without worrying about damaging your gun, 2. It helps dissipate the heat better so that you can put more rounds down range without a mirage obstructing your sites. Another neat feature is that you only have to register the outside of the can so you can buy multiple caliber cores and only have one registered device under ATF.

Tracking Point AR in 5.56, 300 Blk, 7.62x39

So I ordered all of those things and honestly can't wait for all of them. I'll think of more and post later, but I'm interested in hearing about other peoples opinions too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3082 Times on 1501 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

I did not make it this year but will next year! I heard the Show was packed to the walls on the first couple of days. A couple of my good friends were there. I will check out the trigger you mentioned never cared much for the slide fire units. How was the Shot Show from your perspective?

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #3

Sniper 03,

Yes the show was jam packed. 150,000 people registered for it. They said that if you walked and saw every single booth one time then you would have walked 13 miles. Crazy! I did every single booth too. There are some pretty neat guns coming out as well. One that I saw a few of was AR's chambered in 300 WinMag. There was also a company out of California that had an AR platform in 17 WSM. I think the company name was Franklin Armory. To be honest I was mostly amazed at how many new companies there are that make ARs, it's more than you could ever even keep up with.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I have never been but hope to in future years.

I am very excited about the Remington r51.

That suppressor you mentioned sounds neat. Only registering one piece for potentially many different calibers? Awesome. I don't currently own any cans but they're one of those things "on the list."

Always have clean socks.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:10 AM   #5

Oh yea I forgot about the R51, it looks like a nice little pistol with a smooth shape for easy concealment. I didn't take a close look at it though since I'm not in the market for a CC at this moment, but I know it was getting a lot of hype.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6472 Times on 3438 Posts
Likes Given: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788 View Post

Tac-Con 3MR trigger - has a 3rd mode that allows you to shoot 650 rpm, similar to slide fire or bump stocks but the entire mechanism is in the trigger. Check it out, I believe USM4 is carrying it.

So I ordered all of those things and honestly can't wait for all of them. I'll think of more and post later, but I'm interested in hearing about other peoples opinions too.
Not impressed by that one. Can do the same thing with a good single stage like a timney or cmc trigger without the excessive price tag

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 01-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3377 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Shot Show, Who Went, Best Products, What's On Your List

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarter788 View Post
Well I know that Shot isn't officially over until today but I am already back home and pretty excited about some of the new gear. Here are a few of the things that topped my list.

Volquartsen .17 WSW - awesome precision varmint round that travels @ 3000 fps which is crazy for a rim fire.

OSS Suppressors - This is the future of suppressors people, it does not trap the gasses in a baffle like every other suppressor on the market. It instead redirects the gas which does a few very neat things. 1. It puts less blow back pressure on the bolt which will allow you to shoot full auto without worrying about damaging your gun, 2. It helps dissipate the heat better so that you can put more rounds down range without a mirage obstructing your sites. Another neat feature is that you only have to register the outside of the can so you can buy multiple caliber cores and only have one registered device under ATF.

Tracking Point AR in 5.56, 300 Blk, 7.62x39

MC have you looked at any of our vids/Pics from the show? Since we plan on covering it again next year, hopefully we'd get an FTF meet up going, esp. Next year since we will have Austin with us on the crew!

BTW,...any relation to the McCarter of Phenix Force? I hear he's a Bad azz with a Beretta 93R....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-04-2014, 02:35 AM   #8

No I haven't looked at the videos yet. I may go again next year but I couldn't possibly answer that until later this year some time. Ha no I don't believe I am related to McCarter either.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk