Pharr Texas
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Pharr Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Pharr Texas

just went to gun show here in pharr. Some people are crazy i saw a guy buy a brick of 22lr for 90 dollars. Freakin outrages they cost about 19- 21 dollars. they should make it illegal

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

The problem is people like the guy you mention shelling out 90 bucks for a brick of 22LR, if ammo purchasers would step back and say "Hell no" to prices like that things would settle down.

BTW is Pharr TX anywhere close to Neer TX?

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That is a freakin shame that people will shell out that much for something with an already set market value. Is it that the tables are asking for this much or is that guy walking up the the table with a high offer and the table is taking it?

Supporting my local gun range Chandlers
www.marveldcforum.com
Any 9mm pistol ammo becoming available give me a hollar.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPets View Post
That is a freakin shame that people will shell out that much for something with an already set market value. Is it that the tables are asking for this much or is that guy walking up the the table with a high offer and the table is taking it?
Six of one or a half dozen of the other.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #5

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Last gun show I went to I saw a 50rd box of 22lr for $12 and it sold!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #6

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Stupidity is rampant when the supply is low.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 04-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

Liked 761 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbadger View Post
Last gun show I went to I saw a 50rd box of 22lr for $12 and it sold!
My son and I saw 50 round boxes of 22lr at Gander in Cary NC for $25 each.... no lie!! It was a good leason to make my 11 year old do the math and figure out how much that was everytime he pulled the trigger on his 795.... Needless to say we passed on that offer.